Page 6229 of 7512 [ 120187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6226, 6227, 6228, 6229, 6230, 6231, 6232 ... 7512  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:42 pm

"Respond with love."

--That's one of the best bits of truth that I can give.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:01 pm

Playing back through Final Fantasy 7, I discovered it's considerably darker than I remember it being as a child. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm

^You like Final Fantasy VII too?! It's one of my top seven favourite games! :D :D :D [Cloud and Tifa re my favourites, are you can kind of tell from my username and location. :mrgreen: Kuraudo is Cloud's name with a Japanese pronunciation]. I actually really like the movie [the complete blue-ray version, at least], but I only watch it in Japanese because I find the English voices grating. To me, Takahiro Sakurai is the quintessential Cloud voice.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

I don't know why I assumed you knew that I liked it :lol: I grew up playing all of them. I used to sit and watch my dad play the very first Final Fantasy. I've played all of them up to 9. 9 was my favorite but I also loved 3, 4, 6 and 7.

I got a copy of Advent Children the day it was released in Japan. I woke up at 4AM that morning and watched it with my sister. Then over the next month I watched it another...40 times or so...

I love the Remnants. I later watched the English dub and was horrified. I left the room lol. So yeah, only the Japanese version for me too. <3

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:24 pm

Sometimes I'll assume things like that.
Me: Oh, and you know in *insert random anime/manga/video game*?
Other person: ...No.
Me: Oh.

I've never actually finished any of the games, but I've played halfway through VI and IX, and up to the Northern Crater in VII [I just don't want it to end!]

I got it for Christmas and was so excited that I watched it frame by frame to catch all of the little details. Oh, and I'm a blue belt in Karate, and I can assuredly say that all of the moves that Tifa does in her fight against Loz are real Karate moves [well, except that springboard move she does in mid air]. I later played Crisis Core on mute the whole way through. :lol:

Oh, yeah! I have a whole blog [well, google document] with a whole bunch of theories and stuff. Would you like me to pm it to you?

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Me: Oh, and you know in *insert random anime/manga/video game*?
Other person: ...No.
Me: Oh.

XD That is me all the way. Sure, you can send it to me.

We have so many copies of 7...I played it on PC (the original Eidos release) and PS simultaneously and there's a glitch where you can't get a gold chocobo on the original PC version. I obsessively played that game as a child. Now I have at least two digital copies (one PS3 and one PC Steam) plus a physical copy. I never beat the Weapons but I did everything else :|

You should finish all of them. They're a lot of fun. I have to recommend 3 too, because it's not very long and you get to see a lot of early inspiration for characters and things in other games in the series. And 4 is just amazing.

Man, now I want to play them all again. But I'm in the middle of playing through the Zelda series...Maybe I can do both. ? Are you a Zelda fan?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:40 pm

I only have the one I downloaded from the Playstation Network to my PSP. [I also have VI and IX on there.]
Breeding Chocobos always seemed icky to me, so I always skipped that [and consequently Omnislash and Knights of the Round, ectc], but in my last playthrough, I was determined to go through the game using only these materia:

Enemy Skill + Manipulate [for Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie], Steal [for Yuffie], HP Plus, MP Plus, Counter Attack [for Tifa], Cover [for Cloud], Long Range [for Tifa], Added Cut [+ Deathblow], Slash-All/Double Cut, Morph [for Yuffie], and All [for selling]

Yes, no Cure Materia at all--just Enemy Skill with the best skills.

I like the Zelda series well enough; I played to the wind dungeon in The Minish Cap, got 60+ game overs in the original without really accomplishing anything, and to the Water Temple in Twilight Princess. Breath of the Wild looks like lots of fun, but I don't have a Switch.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:55 pm

Wow 8O I never thought to do something like that. I did always make it a point to have good offense and defense though, and level grining is hands down my favorite part of the game (and most games for that matter). So even without materia, I would gain 10-20 levels before doing a major event. Although I once finished the game on or around level 50 just to see if I could.

I loved breeding and racing chocobos! I didn't really care about all the goodies you got from it. I think I just love sidequests.

Oh, at my old job, one of my bosses LOVED Final Fantasy and we would talk about it all the time. He told me if I ever needed something to just mention Final Fantasy. So I'd be like, "Jesse, I need a favor...Final Fantasy." :lol: And it worked too.

Breath of the Wild is also on Wii U if you have one. I don't have the game yet but I'll probably get it at the end of the year which is why I'm playing through all the other ones. I own almost all of the Zelda games. Twilight Princess is amazing but a bit darker than the other games in the series. More along the lines of Majora's Mask.

So what games have you completed? :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 4:02 pm

It worked amazingly well, and with the Enemy Skill Matra Magic I was able to get Limit Breaks much faster than usual.

You'd like Dragon Quest IX, then, since it's 10% cutscenes/story, 60% sidequests, and 40% level grinding.

I don't have a Wii U, just a Wii [and the only games I have for it are Smash Brawl, The Last Story, and Okami.

Um...Pokemon Pearl, Pokemon Blue Rescue Team, Pokemon Explorers of Sky [which is on my top seven list], Pokemon Black [which I gave away], Pokemon X, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Dragon Quest IX [I've played it too many times to count], Metroid Zero Mission, Radiant Historia [also in the top 7], Final Fantasy Curtain Call [ditto], Fire Emblem Conquest/Revelation, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and I'm working on completing the Clannad visual novel by the end of this week and Rune Factory 4 [ditto]...eventually. :lol:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Jun 2017, 6:14 pm

The weather is back to being sunny again. Yay.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:55 pm

^^The only one of those I played is Symphony of the Night. It has the best worst voice acting almost ever in a game. :lol: My sister is playing it right now. I've only played the old Castlevania games. I'm not at all a fan of the remake of the series. I've heard of Fire Emblem and I think I have IV on PS3 that I got during a sale. It was like a dollar or something. I've never played any of them though. I've heard of Dragon Quest too.

I think I played a Pokemon game or two in my youth. I loved the original series when there were just 150 Pokemon. I did watch up to Johto I think but that was it. Around that time I was more into Yu-Gi-Ou.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:03 pm

Agreed. I love discovering all of the little tricks and secrets in that game.
I've only played SotN, Dawn of Sorrow, and a bit of Order of Ecclesia.
Um...the fourth Fire Emblem game was only released in Japan.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 12:48 am

This is the Sid that I'm always talking about. :O)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 2:25 am

between freezing and blackning screens, good job
youtube's gone apeshit, too, why in whatever do i get those recommandations
after the half hour it takes to get the post through, you get the advertising with it too

and how bout that openly spyprogram that came with updating, which was obliged because i couldn't see nothing no more,
its the new marketing, it looks like a spyprogram, the spying eye, with a key in it
in the area of open abusiveness
or even the telephone, all the arabic-frenchspeaking nuissance of your obliged greenwashing bankruptcy
@`#&#^¤?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 2:35 am

more random, since we're at it, did you know it's only in english or arabic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Human_Rights_Act
for french you need to go to
quebec human rights wtf, then you see why its not linked, its older, precursery to that other
see see

and the english wiki has been thrown away to get the simplifiied one that was already offered to the englishsnatifs only

cheers for progress, oh glorious progress

Rob56
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 3:56 am

BrokenPieces wrote:
^^The only one of those I played is Symphony of the Night. It has the best worst voice acting almost ever in a game. :lol: My sister is playing it right now. I've only played the old Castlevania games. I'm not at all a fan of the remake of the series. I've heard of Fire Emblem and I think I have IV on PS3 that I got during a sale. It was like a dollar or something. I've never played any of them though. I've heard of Dragon Quest too.

I think I played a Pokemon game or two in my youth. I loved the original series when there were just 150 Pokemon. I did watch up to Johto I think but that was it. Around that time I was more into Yu-Gi-Ou.

You reminded me of pokemons, I should re-watch them