Page 6150 of 7512 [ 120185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6147, 6148, 6149, 6150, 6151, 6152, 6153 ... 7512  Next

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:21 am

The internet is full of dicks
Don't listen to dicks on the internet

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:38 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Well when someone says something I don't agree with, I normally get all freaked out, trying to prove my point. Then I pretty much get lynched.

In some cases it's not a matter of one being right and the other wrong. It's about having different opinions. That is something you will learn to understand with time. You are only 14 years old!

Let me give you an example: If I'm feeling down, and Kura supports me by saying "I'm a beautiful being full of light and love" I don't necessary understand or belive what she means, but I can still accept her intention of giving love, and that makes me feel good :)

Maybe you in some cases can try and accept that your opinion is different then the person you are communicating with. You don't have to change your opinion, and neither does the other person. That way you show respect, and they will not get angry.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

Commander Keen did not get away Scott free, he died in Doom II

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 10:10 am

If someone insults me or disagrees with me, I either have two options: 1) get sad or depressed, feeling that I've let that person down or that I'm not worth anything, or 2) do nothing.

The second option is very Zen. Here's a story about the Buddha. One day, the Buddha was doing his daily rounds through a town he was visiting, and he quickly attracted a large crowd who strongly disagreed with his teachings. They yelled and screamed in his face and even physically tried to retaliate, but the Buddha said calmly, "If you are done, please let me pass by. There is another town I wish to visit today." The stunned townspeople watched in disbelief as the Buddha walked on, completely confused as to why he did not react.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

Being busy is good.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm

The real number line has more irrational numbers than rational numbers. Both sets are uncountable, but if you randomly selected a point between zero and one, it would almost certainly be an irrational number.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:03 pm

Letting other people be wrong can save you a lot of trouble.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:04 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
If someone insults me or disagrees with me, I either have two options: 1) get sad or depressed, feeling that I've let that person down or that I'm not worth anything, or 2) do nothing.

The second option is very Zen. Here's a story about the Buddha. One day, the Buddha was doing his daily rounds through a town he was visiting, and he quickly attracted a large crowd who strongly disagreed with his teachings. They yelled and screamed in his face and even physically tried to retaliate, but the Buddha said calmly, "If you are done, please let me pass by. There is another town I wish to visit today." The stunned townspeople watched in disbelief as the Buddha walked on, completely confused as to why he did not react.

Um, no offense, but remind me what's so good about Zen-ifying?

Actually, don't respond to that. The less people hate me, the better.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

If I may butt in, not outwardly responding is just a start. To get the full Zen effect, back up from there to not forming an opinion of what people say in the sense that you could take offense at it. Without agreeing or disagreeing, it's easier to take all the information from what they say.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

Pretty much what happened was this. Everybody on WP and Gaia Online was asleep, and I knew there was always somebody on Chatango, so I decided to try that. I stumbled across this one guy, said he liked horror movies and blood and gory and a bunch of other screwed up stuff. And I was like "Oh, you mean red rooms? Yeah I've heard stories about those." I said that because he said he liked screwed up things, and that's the most mean and twisted and screwed up thing I could think of, and then he got triggered, going off at me saying that I don't even know what that is and that he was gonna block me... But I don't get it. He said he liked bloody things? :(
And yes, that really wasn't an argument, it was just a slipup on my part, but still. Sorry again of the off chance your reading this.

Please no one be mad at me. :(

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

O... M... G...

No Midnightstar you don't know what a red room is 8O

That is where you pay to watch people be tortured on the dark net 8O

I am not mad but yeah don't talk about that stuff...

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

Yes, I knew that. Either way I probably should stay off the weird side of youtube... :oops:

Again, super duper sorry about that.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

STAY OFF THE DARK NET :evil: :evil: :evil:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:26 pm

Nobody's mad at me, right? :cry:

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Nobody's mad at me, right? :cry:

Mad no...

Thinking about what is wrong with our youth... yes...

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

I wasn't there, I just heard stories about it that's all. :(