Page 6123 of 7515 [ 120233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6120, 6121, 6122, 6123, 6124, 6125, 6126 ... 7515  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 11:07 am

They keep playing this one ad with loud, obnoxious music constantly on the Tennis Channel. I have no idea what they're advertising and wouldn't buy what they're selling because the whole thing is so obnoxious. I lunge for the mute button on my remote when it comes on.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:17 pm

Dango, dango, dango, Daikazoku...

One of the saddest songs ever is a song about a big family of rice dumplings. :(

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Feb 2017, 4:45 pm

The days are going by slowly....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

I've got to stop comparing myself to the rest of my family. I've been telling myself since last year around this time.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:38 pm

Oy, I have a headache. I wanna go to sleep.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 7:23 pm

England never really left me. My favourite music to listen to is still The Kinks, I have a tinplate wind-up Routemaster on my dresser, I have a small Union Jack paperweight in front of my TV on my TV stand, and Fish n Chips is still my favourite meal.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
England never really left me. My favourite music to listen to is still The Kinks, I have a tinplate wind-up Routemaster on my dresser, I have a small Union Jack paperweight in front of my TV on my TV stand, and Fish n Chips is still my favourite meal.

I'm very proud to be English even though more than half my blood originates in Ireland, Scotland and North Africa by way of the Middle East (and possibly Spain) :)

Routemasters are awesome, so are The Kinks and so is fish and chips. I like mine with curry sauce and scraps (bits of the batter leftover when being served).

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:58 pm

I gotta sleep soon....

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:01 am

interesting thoughts today.....

who will be the last human ever to live?

no species can last forever.
the dinosaurs lasted for about 170 million years until the k2 event wiped them out (except for birds that could once again become dinosaurs if mammals become extinct).

it is speculative as to what constitutes a "human" anyway.

who was the first human to ever live? well a line of apes evolved into humans, but it is arbitary as to when, in that evolution, an ape gave birth to a human. like the chicken and the egg conundrum.
chickens evolved and someone has to decide when in that evolution, the animal can be safely described as a chicken.

remember that all life is evolved from the primordial soup that developed into crude amino acids about 3 billion years ago (on earth), and by about 2 billion years ago, bacteria and fungi were the stage of evolution that over a billion years that life was at.

then the mitochondria evolved and animals and plants became multicellular and split from each other on the tree of life.

you and me and the fly on the wall all have parents and grandparents and great grandparents and great great grandparents et al... all the way back to the primordial soup.

it seems like a miracle really that your first ancestor lived about 2 billion years ago.

if any life fails to reproduce, then it is the end of it's line.

all your previous great (times hundred of millions) grandparents managed to succesfully reproduce in order to produce you.

but who will be the last person alive?

if humans are still around in 1 million years, they will look nothing like us and it is dubious as to whether we could ever develop a line of communication if we encountered them.
are they still "humans" or something else?

the sun will die in about 5 billion years time, but that means it will be a brown dwarf then. (brown dwarfs stay warm for many billions of years)
before that it will be a red giant (in about 1 billion years time), and by that time it will fry all life off the face of earth.

there is one school of thought which proposes that earth will be inside the sun when it is at full enlargement (and therefore melt and become part of it), but i think that due to the lessening mass and density of the sun as it becomes a red giant, the earth will recede to a more distant orbit and escape that plight.

so if "humans" escape to space based abodes or distant planets (none will be exactly configured for our survival really) before then, then it is still the case that they will become extinct for some reason in the fullness of time.

whatever terrestrial life escapes the earth and manages to survive for a while after the earth's demise, will eventually become extinct (trees and plants and animals that humans take with them on their outbound excursions).

so it is quite an indistinct notion to wonder "who will be the last human to live"

whatever. who cares anyway? after i die, as far as i am concerned, the whole thing is moot.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:01 am

i have learned a lot about medicine and physiology in my life, but i do not have the social skill to be a doctor.

if i had to tell someone their tests came back and they have terminal cancer, i would say something like..."well there is good news and bad news. the good news is that your scan was sucsessful, and the bad news is that you will be dead within 3 months. ok? thanks. just give your medicare card to the receptionist on your way out"

i would prefer to be a diagnostician.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 11:16 am

The sun might come out today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 11:44 am

^
Or it'll come out... tomorrow. :jester:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 11:45 am

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm

It's almost March, and it's snowing where I am..... wonderful.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm

^Same here.

A random yet highly amusing quotation about Tales of Vesperia:
"[The game] is split into three acts...Parts I & II are both quite long and are very well paced. Part III, on the other hand, has the party dropping subplots and overthinking everything in order to destroy a giant space octopus, has a grand total of two dungeons...prior to the finale, and drops a villain on you out of nowhere just to give you someone to fight in the end."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 5:40 pm

equestriatola wrote:
It's almost March, and it's snowing where I am..... wonderful.

I wish it would snow where I am. :rendeer:

I've been binge-watching Dragon Ball all afternoon! :bounce: