Page 6299 of 7512 [ 120187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6296, 6297, 6298, 6299, 6300, 6301, 6302 ... 7512  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 9:56 pm

Well, next time you join you may want to change your location.

The ability to follow step by step instructions is more important in origami than talent.
Also, the ability to bend what is straight.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 9:57 pm

I'm Spartacus.

CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 9:58 pm

Still waiting for them to flush the toilet. If I suddenly fail to answer then that means the turd has been flushed

I will delete my "fake" email when I no longer have use for it. That should keep the FBI p*****s off my back.......

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:00 pm

FBI.

Yes.

The most random thread.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Furry
Butts
Inc.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Raleigh wrote:
So, no plans to fly under the radar, then?

Half of everything is showing up, as you may have heard. I've started to think that half of the rest is knowing when to STFU, at least for people like me.

Getting into a spat on a web forum with someone seems pretty normal. Sending a slew of PMs to the people involved, and rapidly cycling through a bunch of intense emotional outbursts will definitely freak people out.

Revealing possibly legitimate personal information of some unknown person along with invitations to do them harm crosses a line anywhere.

Could be a cry for help gone horribly wrong. Fortunately, there are other places to cry for help and people don't have to endlessly repeat their mistakes. Could be an elaborate troll. Part of the Troll Tax which everyone pays is uncertainty about whether a person posting has no other goal than to stir up anger or concern as a joke. Could be a particularly insidious form of narcissism where the person demands support from other people by beating themselves up. Most of us learn that trick as children and grow out of it, but it takes some longer than others.

Bearing in mind that all we see of each other are words on a screen, and I live in a world of probabilities, the cost-benefit analysis seems pretty clear.

Completely aside from all of this, I have torn new bungholes in more than my share of barrels this week. I chose my words carefully and I stand by them, but even the best justification doesn't make it kind or useful to try to destroy someone with words, even carefully chosen words. I will enjoy myself more if I use my powers for good.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:03 pm

Take two of these and four of those and see me in the morning.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 10:04 pm

Raleigh wrote:

If there even is a next time. I have never put my actual location on any WP profile I've registered. If they have ways and means of knowing my actual location without me entering it then I don't see what I can do to stop that, or why I should. Rik Mayall might be Spartacus, but I am Bane from Batman! "They" could never take me!

Last edited by CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly on 12 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:05 pm

CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

If there even is a next time. I have never put my actual location on any WP profile I've registered. If they have ways and means of knowing my actual location without me entering it then I don't see what I can do to stop that, or why I should. Rik Mayall might be Spartacus, but I am Bain from Batman! "They" could never take me!

It's Bane.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:07 pm

RikMayall wrote:
Take two of these and four of those and see me in the morning.

I did take two of these, but I've had about five of those already, and I think I'll have a couple more. Will I be able to play the piano afterwards?

I couldn't before.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm

I'm a coconut.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:11 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I'm a coconut.

Well hello there you pretty coconut.

I'm a ripe watermelon.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

^ Well, you usually put the lime in the coconut, but I'll make an exception for you.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:

Revealing possibly legitimate personal information of some unknown person along with invitations to do them harm crosses a line anywhere.

Who has done that? I know PBL187 revealed his own name and address, I know the guy well enough to know he would only ever reveal his own details, never the deets of some unsuspecting person who has done nothing wrong.

Sometimes it's just a cry, not actually a "cry for help". Some people just expect the entire world to revolve around themself, whether they like being like that or not. Possibly due to self-imposed isolation and obvious Schizo tendencies, amongst other things like just being an angry pms filled loon who believes being gay gives him the right to make poorly thought out wise cracks about people who smoke meat or drops F bombs aplenty with the vague excuse that "it can mean wimp not homosexual where I come from" (note the quotation marks there). I doubt such a person has the foresight to realise he may be freaking people out, or the compassion to care. He might normally, but with cycling through intense emotional outbursts and claiming to hate himself, just missed the point completely, and then played the "I'm so sorry" sympathy card afterwards, then comes back without being welcomed yet again, spouts more of the same self pity, then wastes countless, sleepless hours, UK timezone, spamming a topic and reporting his own posts

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:24 pm

I got your limes right here, coconut ;-)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:27 pm

^ Ooh.
Give them a squeeze then.