Page 6300 of 7516 [ 120243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6297, 6298, 6299, 6300, 6301, 6302, 6303 ... 7516  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:27 pm

^ Ooh.
Give them a squeeze then.

CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 10:28 pm

Yes that is how it looks, and I don't give a flying ****. Won't take long for the toilet to be flushed. So much for me moving on and starting again with my new account.

Never forgive or trust those who can't forgive or trust themselves. Never accept those who can't accept themselves. Not even when they finally do and then proceed be the good person they always were deep down

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 10:28 pm

Most importantly, never listen to me, no matter what I say

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly wrote:
Most importantly, never listen to me, no matter what I say

Okie dokie matey me old mucker.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2017, 10:47 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
So, no plans to fly under the radar, then?

Half of everything is showing up, as you may have heard. I've started to think that half of the rest is knowing when to STFU, at least for people like me.

Getting into a spat on a web forum with someone seems pretty normal. Sending a slew of PMs to the people involved, and rapidly cycling through a bunch of intense emotional outbursts will definitely freak people out.

Revealing possibly legitimate personal information of some unknown person along with invitations to do them harm crosses a line anywhere.

Could be a cry for help gone horribly wrong. Fortunately, there are other places to cry for help and people don't have to endlessly repeat their mistakes. Could be an elaborate troll. Part of the Troll Tax which everyone pays is uncertainty about whether a person posting has no other goal than to stir up anger or concern as a joke. Could be a particularly insidious form of narcissism where the person demands support from other people by beating themselves up. Most of us learn that trick as children and grow out of it, but it takes some longer than others.

Bearing in mind that all we see of each other are words on a screen, and I live in a world of probabilities, the cost-benefit analysis seems pretty clear.

Completely aside from all of this, I have torn new bungholes in more than my share of barrels this week. I chose my words carefully and I stand by them, but even the best justification doesn't make it kind or useful to try to destroy someone with words, even carefully chosen words. I will enjoy myself more if I use my powers for good.

What?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

Yeah, I'm confused too.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 10:58 pm

RikMayall wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
So, no plans to fly under the radar, then?

Half of everything is showing up, as you may have heard. I've started to think that half of the rest is knowing when to STFU, at least for people like me.

Getting into a spat on a web forum with someone seems pretty normal. Sending a slew of PMs to the people involved, and rapidly cycling through a bunch of intense emotional outbursts will definitely freak people out.

Revealing possibly legitimate personal information of some unknown person along with invitations to do them harm crosses a line anywhere.

Could be a cry for help gone horribly wrong. Fortunately, there are other places to cry for help and people don't have to endlessly repeat their mistakes. Could be an elaborate troll. Part of the Troll Tax which everyone pays is uncertainty about whether a person posting has no other goal than to stir up anger or concern as a joke. Could be a particularly insidious form of narcissism where the person demands support from other people by beating themselves up. Most of us learn that trick as children and grow out of it, but it takes some longer than others.

Bearing in mind that all we see of each other are words on a screen, and I live in a world of probabilities, the cost-benefit analysis seems pretty clear.

Completely aside from all of this, I have torn new bungholes in more than my share of barrels this week. I chose my words carefully and I stand by them, but even the best justification doesn't make it kind or useful to try to destroy someone with words, even carefully chosen words. I will enjoy myself more if I use my powers for good.

What?

He's talking about me, I had the online spat with him and the rest on my first account, the one I want to be on here with but can't be cos I couldn't keep my gob shut, in a much worse way than the last few hours on here.

Any other account I make ain't gonna last, it isn't me, it's just the sad act of a loser not being able to accept the perm ban, let it go, and then move on. No sympathy or contradictions please! I see myself as I do whatever anyone says. Worry about your own hides

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:11 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Could be a particularly insidious form of narcissism where the person demands support from other people by beating themselves up. Most of us learn that trick as children and grow out of it, but it takes some longer than others

The only support I need or want right now is every post I make reported as a personal attack (more likely to get me that suddenly elusive perm ban), cos it seems reporting 30 or more of my own posts doesn't cut it. I'll make any following post extremely short and (seemingly) extremely offensive (that's where the **** come in, posts only have to SEEM offensive). The quicker it's done, the quicker I and my negativity will be gone (I PM'd staff and asked for perm ban and every post and topic on all 3 of my accounts removed so all traces of me should be gone soon)

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:15 pm

CuthbertLillyHesDeadSilly wrote:
The only support I need or want right now is every post I make reported as a personal attack (more likely to get me that suddenly elusive perm ban), cos it seems reporting 30 or more of my own posts doesn't cut it. I'll make any following post extremely short and (seemingly) extremely offensive (that's where the **** come in, posts only have to SEEM offensive). The quicker it's done, the quicker I and my negativity will be gone (I PM'd staff and asked for perm ban and every post and topic on all 3 of my accounts removed so all traces of me should be gone soon)

That's if anyone wants to

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 11:20 pm

But none of those posts were a personal attack, were they?

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:23 pm

Raleigh wrote:
But none of those posts were a personal attack, were they?

The real life version of the boy depicted in the film "Let Him Have It" never killed that copper, did he? He still got hung for it though. :wink:

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:26 pm

If you don't want to then fair enough (that's to anyone)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

You should be kinder to yourself.
But I don't want to tell you what to do.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:46 pm

Raleigh wrote:

If I'm ever to be on this site, I would want it to be on my PBL187 account. If I'd been kinder to myself and others in the first place, on Sunday, we wouldn't be having this convo right now. Bit late for that. But thanks

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:51 pm

Raleigh wrote:

I mean it could be worse, I could actually still think I was justified. At least I know when I've, and can admit to, doing wrong. The rest? Well, it's not something I ever asked for or wanted, but I'm stuck with it (unless CBT works). Grief has played a part, as has bottling it up when all this self-whatever started (I never used to let on about any of this at all to anyone real)

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 11:56 pm

Most sites, particularly social sites, or forums, allow users to remove their account. Why couldn't that be the case here? I could have just deleted my account then, instead of boring people......