Page 6151 of 7515 [ 120236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6148, 6149, 6150, 6151, 6152, 6153, 6154 ... 7515  Next

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

I wasn't there, I just heard stories about it that's all. :(

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:29 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Yes, I knew that. Either way I probably should stay off the weird side of youtube... :oops:

Again, super duper sorry about that.

It was a misunderstanding. You didn't mean any harm! :)

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

There is a big difference between fake violence (movies) and real violence.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I wasn't there, I just heard stories about it that's all. :(

You haven't missed much...

ISIS using a pair of dull finger nail clippers to remove someone head is old news now,

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

Yeah... :cry:

Still, I think I forgot how to not be offensive. :oops:

That also happens when I try to be funny, or say anything that normal kids make look easy. :cry:

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:06 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
If someone insults me or disagrees with me, I either have two options: 1) get sad or depressed, feeling that I've let that person down or that I'm not worth anything, or 2) do nothing.

The second option is very Zen. Here's a story about the Buddha. One day, the Buddha was doing his daily rounds through a town he was visiting, and he quickly attracted a large crowd who strongly disagreed with his teachings. They yelled and screamed in his face and even physically tried to retaliate, but the Buddha said calmly, "If you are done, please let me pass by. There is another town I wish to visit today." The stunned townspeople watched in disbelief as the Buddha walked on, completely confused as to why he did not react.

Um, no offense, but remind me what's so good about Zen-ifying?

Actually, don't respond to that. The less people hate me, the better.
few, if any, could have truly disliked the humble, patient, unimposing, insightful and gentle company of siddhārtha gautama. most see with two eyes, but have difficulty focusing their sight upon more than one thing at a time, yet he saw indiscriminately as if every cell in his body might as well have been a living eye that could view independently. consequentially, his focus would not get stuck upon anything as if surging water. water has no desire for form, can flood all cracks and openings, permeate to enrich earth, sustain life, and even move smooth the most stubborn and craggy mountainside.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

How many people here actually belive this stuff? 8O (no offense intended)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

^What stuff? Buddhism? I'm more Zen than anything. 8) Silence speaks.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

I'll never hate you, Midnightstar. I promise you that.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

saying "no offense" or similar padding can do little to lessen the blow to those who find things to be offended about anyway.

nobody is mad at you or hates you (here, i think). certainly, i don't. but i wonder why you often assert otherwise.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:30 pm

^I wonder the same. :scratch:

Quote:
few, if any, could have truly disliked the humble, patient, unimposing, insightful and gentle company of siddhārtha gautama. most see with two eyes, but have difficulty focusing their sight upon more than one thing at a time, yet he saw indiscriminately as if every cell in his body might as well have been a living eye that could view independently. consequentially, his focus would not get stuck upon anything as if surging water. water has no desire for form, can flood all cracks and openings, permeate to enrich earth, sustain life, and even move smooth the most stubborn and craggy mountainside.

That is utterly beautiful. :heart: The Buddha saw with everything because he was entirely awake. That in itself is glorious.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

Been waking up at midday a lot lately....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 4:16 pm

I feel like I'm being forced into doing something I don't want to do.
(in terms, of a career area)

But I don't know what I'm going to do otherwise. :cry:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

^Go with what you want best, not what everyone else feels you should do. [I had to learn this lesson the hard way, but it is one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned.]

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm

I don't know what I want. :(

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Go with what you want best, not what everyone else feels you should do. [I had to learn this lesson the hard way, but it is one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned.]

I don't know what I want. :cry: