Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 1:08 pm

I have to cut my hair due to damage and constant matting. Usually I'm an aesthetic over comfort type of woman but combing out mats that have made their way to my scalp isn't fun. My hair is curly and very thick and has a lot of frizz which could be due to mats.

I'm worried that I will come off as an comfort over style type to people that know that I'm on the spectrum. It's not that way at all. I don't care what other people think but at the same time I can't stand false accusations and stereotypes.

This is not to see what hairstyle would look good on me. This is a simple yes, no, maybe question.

Matted and frizzy hair isn't a good aesthetic or look anyway but at the same time coming off as a Practical Pam instead of a Stylish Sam would really suck.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm

i think it certainly can be stylish, especially if you put a little effort into styling it.

if you look up curly bob haircuts online there are tons of fashionable examples.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 7:25 pm

I love bob haircuts and I used to have one myself. They look very fetching on some women.

I grew my hair long when I put on weight and felt I couldn't pull off a bob anymore. I've lost a lot of the weight now, but I like the long hair, so I'm keeping it. I may get another bob again when I get bored of long hair, though.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:25 am

Yeah bobs can look really cool.

Not sure if you mean a bob or a pixie cut though.

You should Google both and see if you can find something that you like and can ask the hairdresser to do.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 1:23 pm

I think bobs are sexy.

Daymn!

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:39 pm

I don't think they are ugly at all. I think they look really cute on a lot of people. I have really long hair, but I sometimes consider getting it cut.

stream26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2017, 7:24 am

I think it totally depends on hair texture. Nice straight shiny hair looks beautiful and very current. I think it's the women with course or wavy/ frizzy hair who get the bob - going for the chic sophisticated look you can only get with straight shiny [url=http:/[/url]. It goes off the rails- frizzy and hair looks big. I know bc I have the wavy/ frizzy hair and have had a love/hate relationships with bobs for years. I finally grew it long and the waves are MUcH more manageable and i can control the frizz a lot easier

Last edited by B19 on 03 Dec 2019, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2017, 1:47 pm

Bobs can be absolutely adorable with curly hair.Image

VioletFirth
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

Bobs are a classic haircut that look good on a lot of face shapes. They're also low maintenance. I think it would be good with what you said your needs are. I would let them know what your specific needs are up front because I know curly hair can be cut a specific way.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2017, 5:53 pm

I would generally say only some women can pull them off. I feel like most younger women shouldn't have short hair but that's moreso straight haired women. Yours is curly so most likely it will look fine.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 7:49 am

Maybe your long hair can be rescued though. Have you looked into salon keratin treatments? They be pretty expensive depending on how long your hair is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 8:40 am

I'm a man. I find them attractive.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:57 am

blue_bean wrote:
Maybe your long hair can be rescued though. Have you looked into salon keratin treatments? They be pretty expensive depending on how long your hair is.

I went to a salon and only had six inches of split ends. It's still long but it's not poofy anymore. It all worked out :)

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 8:19 pm

Near the end of 2015 I enjoyed a bob-style haircut for some time after having cut my hair from waist length to a few centimetres. The novelty of short hair was itself a fun aspect for me as I literally never did anything with it before, but after a slowly burgeoning interest in exploring new styles I do think that bob cuts and other short hair looks are very much underrated in women. They make for a strong statement and are fairly easy to maintain.

sun.flower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 1:22 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I have to cut my hair due to damage and constant matting. .
OMG I read this as "due to damage and constant mating" :lol: I was like whoa!

Last time I got my hair cut, the hairdresser said, and I tend to agree, a bob is a great cut for just about anyone! I even tried a back-stacked bob and it felt really fun and stylish. Been letting my hair grow long recently, but that's my go-to haircut for short, a bob. I like the front to be long enough that I can tuck behind my ears and I like using a round brush to blow dry to make it poofy, but my hair's quite straight so that takes a bit of work.

adorkablegeekgirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2017, 3:42 am

I love bobs. They're low maintenance, cute, and fun. I always cycle between a sort of mid-length bob and long hair. I tend to miss my short hair after a while. When I first get it cut, it is also super fun to play with, and it feels all healthy, and I love to shake my head around to get some movement. (Not in public though, haha, I know people would find that odd.)
As a bisexual woman, I also like short hair on women quite a lot. Though obviously that comes down to personal taste, and you should ultimately be doing things for your appearance that make you feel good.

(Actually, as a side note, my interest in having short hair myself does very much have to do with my Asperger's, because it's less effort, and nicer from a sensory perspective, because it doesn't hurt as much to brush and take care of, doesn't get as tangled and uncomfortable, doesn't get all over as much, and like I said... fun to play with. Would recommend.)