Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 2:24 pm

Chronos wrote:
will@rd wrote:
As a male, I rather prefer women without makeup, though I can understand it as a sort of age-defying cosmetic, as I hate looking old myself. Younger women who know how to apply it can make it look good, but still, most don't really need it, and there's much positive to be said for the natural, fresh-faced "girl-next-door look" (as it was known back in the 60s and 70s).

As for shaving body parts, I wish there was some sort of electronic cabinet, where a human could step in, with just their head sticking out, and have all the hair on their bodies automatically nuked right off. Shaving intimate areas manually is such a chore, and often tricky and painful.

Hair on the head is attractive, I'll never get used to the current trend of men shaving their heads, on 99.9% of them it looks awful. Hair anywhere else is just a nasty animal affectation. We should have evolved beyond that by now.

In the U.S. most men who shave their heads do so because they are going bald. As for body hair, if you really want to get rid of it you can have it lasered. It's expensive but it won'y grow back.

I beg to differ - shaved heads are a fashion trend among young men in the US today. Like saggy pants, it seems to be an urban affectation that originated in prisons, but I see far too many men, much too young to be balding, with shaved heads, for it to be natural.

supermoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2017, 3:58 am

I think it its so unfair the pressure and social "standards" place upon women in society.

Its like when I tell people I don't want children the usual reply it "PFFFFT you will change your mind" or "WHAT! why!".....Oh because I was born female I have a requirement to on going evolution to reproduce or simply because Im female the only thing I want in life is to reproduce? NO!....You are an individual with your own likes, dislikes, wants,needs and opinions.

It is your wedding, not your family or friends :)

Nuthatchnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2017, 4:25 am

Your wedding, your choice. Personally I don't like make-up.