Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:18 am

I just feel like women are not listened to here or believed.

I'm done.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Nov 2017, 4:29 am

I feel like this only in L&D.
The rest of the forum seems OK to me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:32 am

I understand how you are feeling. I really want this (women's) forum to be a safe place for the women members here. In my view, L and D is not a safe place; it is consistently hostile and particularly to women who dare to challenge sexism there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:28 am

I believe you, Hurtloam....

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2017, 11:21 am

Maybe leaving WP is like a breaking up, perhaps, you’ll leave a couple of times before it sticks. For what it’s worth, I liked reading your threads and thoughtful replies. I think I finally figured out why your screen name seemed so familiar. :wink:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

Clakker wrote:
Maybe leaving WP is like a breaking up, perhaps, you’ll leave a couple of times before it sticks. For what it’s worth, I liked reading your threads and thoughtful replies. I think I finally figured out why your screen name seemed so familiar. :wink:

http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/index.php

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2017, 4:58 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Clakker wrote:

http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/index.php

:wtg:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:37 am

I actually went on a Facebook page for female autistic people I normally visit, and warned other women to stay out of the L&D forum if they go on WP, unless they *want* to be depressed or upset.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:47 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I actually went on a Facebook page for female autistic people I normally visit, and warned other women to stay out of the L&D forum if they go on WP, unless they *want* to be depressed or upset.

I always kept plodding away at it because I figured that if enough non-extreme people used L&D then it would turn into something better.

But it seems the bitter and the deranged have the loudest voices.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:54 am

magz wrote:
I feel like this only in L&D.
The rest of the forum seems OK to me.

I thought I'd find camaraderie and people to relate to on a forum where others have similar issues to me, but women won't talk about their interpersonal dating issues and men don't believe that women could possibly have issues other than being too fussy or just ugly.

I get on with people in general. It was dating I needed help with. Whenever I meet a new guy things go wrong. I just don't seem to be able to connect properly or be what they expect from an interested woman.

But according to this website I'm too ugly, fussy and narrow minded.

There's no point in me using this forum.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 3:49 am

hurtloam wrote:
but women won't talk about their interpersonal dating issues and men don't believe that women could possibly have issues other than being too fussy or just ugly.

...And that's the reason I don't talk about my problems that have something to do with romantical/sexual relationships in here. Still going to stick around though since I have trouble with some other things too so I might actually be able to get some help or at least support from here... maybe. I hope you find some kind of group or forum where you can get the help and support you need.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:45 am

Yeah I just don't get it, like I get some people on there are upset of not having a relationship, then I see posts of girls trying to be in a relationship and guys just posting as*hole things about them. Topics like 'how can I tell my gf she is fat....'oh I want a gf but I cant stand when she wants any attention whatsoever, I'd rather stare at my video game the whole time and ignore them////is that too much to ask when hanging out, I get all the video game fun and I can pressure my GF to hold my dick the whole time. Great for me...not so great for the girl being pressured....cause I just take advantage as all fine young men do.

Story of life of my first'BF' in college, if only he had told me all that to begin with, then maybe I wouldn't have wasted time thinking he actually gave a damn, yes I was fooled.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Nov 2017, 10:05 am

Well, I don't think there is any good advice for anyone in L&D, male or female. Or maybe there is but it needs to be digged from under mountains of sh*t.
Sorry I can't relate - what I read at L&D is so totally alien to me that I have an impression I'm living in a very different culture. Maybe that's true. Maybe the nerd subculture of Polish culture is a whole different world when it comes to romantic relationships. I read L&D threads like some kind of diaries of exotic people from distant lands, interested, trying to understand but almost never able to relate.

How do you feel about this subforum? I don't think anyone would frown upon you if you discussed romantic issues here.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

This subforum is very empty. Not much in the way of responses. The responses I've had in the past have been along the lines of: 'meh, I'm happy on my own and can't relate.'

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 11:04 am

:(

Oh No! Don't leave! I always liked you hurtloam!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 11:19 am

I liked the posts that you made hurtloam they are intelligent! I'm sorry you don't feel supported by the people on this site.

I do know what you mean with the L&D thread. It's the atmosphere of the place. I once went on there and got into an argument with a woman and said things I wouldn't have ever said to anyone! I feel very bad and would apologize to her if I remembered her username.

To the rest of the women, I do hope you can find a place to express your feelings. I know how it feels to have no where to express yourself.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."