Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 3:00 pm

Enceladus wrote:
:(

Oh No! Don't leave! I always liked you hurtloam!

I like you too, and you aquinebay but I feel like I need to spend my time doing something more positive than debating things online.

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 3:35 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Enceladus wrote:
:(

Oh No! Don't leave! I always liked you hurtloam!

I like you too, and you aquinebay but I feel like I need to spend my time doing something more positive than debating things online.

Maybe a break then? :)

There's always new users coming in and I for one don't want to miss out on potentially good conversations and people.

The less constructive people and parts of the forum I can always ignore. Though I'm not particularly good at keeping a conversation going so less chance to get in to something personal and difficult with people I guess.

Hope to see you around though if you reconsider, take a break or leave for good, maybe I'll see you somewhere else in the future. I'm usually all over the internet :p

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 8:06 am

hurtloam wrote:
I feel like I need to spend my time doing something more positive than debating things online.

Hear that!
I can't say I read many of those love & dating topics - at the moment it's like dangling meat in front of a dog - why do that to myself? But the topics titled things like "How do I tell my girlfriend she's fat?" I don't even read. What's the point in even reading into it? You know it's going to be peopled by a***holes, or else others telling them they're a***holes.
Just pick the topics you read, I think.
I find it interesting in a gender sense when women can talk about their interpersonal dating issues. It'd be a shame to let a few a***holes stop you from doing that.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 8:31 am

C2V wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I feel like I need to spend my time doing something more positive than debating things online.

Hear that!
I can't say I read many of those love & dating topics - at the moment it's like dangling meat in front of a dog - why do that to myself? But the topics titled things like "How do I tell my girlfriend she's fat?" I don't even read. What's the point in even reading into it? You know it's going to be peopled by a***holes, or else others telling them they're a***holes.
I find it interesting in a gender sense when women can talk about their interpersonal dating issues. It'd be a shame to let a few a***holes stop you from doing that.

Seconded. Pick your battles. Sometimes the people who create that kind of thread have a lucid moment and involve themselves in more fruitful debates - that's the time to talk to them.

I hope you don't disappear, Hurtloam, it's nice talking to you.

You don't have to feel so responsible for everything here on WP. Sometimes we involve ourselves too much.

Like Magz was pointing out, L&D is a different country. I don't know how it ended up like that. I can see how alien it feels from an Eastern European point of view.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:00 am

C2V wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Hear that!

Mostly because I am argumentative and can't help winding them up, but i end up feeling despondent. They've almost put me off men altogether. I have been managing to stay out of L&D so far this week.

I just wish I had someone in real life to talk to about this stuff, but my single female friends get annoyed like my feelings about my own situation are somehow a criticism of their lives and like to tell me how happy they are being single, even the depressed one's.

I've only got 1 friend who understands, but Its a bit like the blind leading the blind. We're both odd and geeky and not appealing to men it seems. We can't really help each other.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:57 am

I would suggest leaving and coming back periodically. Small doses.

Though you are easier to get along with than me. I tend to gravitate towards people who annoy me the most for some reason.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 3:42 pm

hurtloam wrote:
This subforum is very empty. Not much in the way of responses. The responses I've had in the past have been along the lines of: 'meh, I'm happy on my own and can't relate.'
I just feel like women are not listened to here or believed.

I'm done.

You actually have to talk to stand any chance of being believed. Anyway the women who are here have got intimate pasts and complex futures, so I can see why they would be happy to relate to other parts of the forum to try and engage in the same issues that may have already been answered once, but can't find a group lead to fall back on.
The native women like to spur on repetitively about their media presence, and are promoting themselves on an isolated playing field. Some of the technical issues I've witnessed are seen to be believed but are yet confounded to areas that are 'all male leading roles.'
I have been on Amazon where the replies are usually the same and leading Google Giants from the tech world of savvy America are our new fresh imports, after they've hooked up with China and their google media rants on Twitter Plus. I find it amazing we don't have the same married ethos when it comes to financing international relations.
The demented ones are those who think America will become great again. So far, I can't see that greatness reflected on the rest of the world. Is that somewhere in the archives of Wikipedia? and would that show be exclusive or derived off the backs of others in a demure or maybe calculated loony tune fantasia. I'll let the re-runs fake their own course.
Maybe merging to other parts of the forum is not so bad, seeing as Britain is now and always will be, a stand alone nation, our news won't be so old fashioned for the times.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 10:15 pm

Guys can say what they want about women, I'll bet *they'll* never have to worry people are too uncomfortable to touch them anywhere near the chest area if they need CPR, and would rather just leave them to die. :roll:

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

Grabbing some jerk by the balls usually is foreign testament to a breakdown of the mind and what the mind can't see no one can bear witness to. If someone came up unexpectedly from behind me, there would be severe consequences for their actions.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 5:48 am

I thought Face of Boo was out of order to you. I saw the thread where you reacted to him and told him to F off etc. I don’t blame you for that because I probably would have done the same thing.

However, I saw afterwards that he replied to you in this thread, and that later got deleted. He was out of order in that other thread, yes, but he was trying to reason with you with his side of things in this thread. I understand why you’re pissed off at him, but I don’t think his reply should have been deleted. I mean, great misunderstandings happen between aspies and other people. You’ve also mistook me for being mean to you a few times when I was trying to help you. Maybe FOB was trying to help you too, but you and I did not see it. I think it’s worth giving him another chance.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

^ It wasn't a mod, I deleted it. Forget it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 3:10 pm

Oh.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 8:13 pm

smudge wrote:
I thought Face of Boo was out of order to you. I saw the thread where you reacted to him and told him to F off etc. I don’t blame you for that because I probably would have done the same thing.

However, I saw afterwards that he replied to you in this thread, and that later got deleted. . Maybe FOB was trying to help you too, but you and I did not see it.

I was advised to write directly to Alex, if I have a problem with any other members off of here and they agreed to look into it, but to be honest Smudge, I have shown respect and patience towards the many rules of this forum, and I don't worship or pick these battles upfront with people just because they've got personal issues.
I could argue the same with the Grenfell issue, when I was campaigning for the government to do something, other people decided to do some air raiding themselves and dive bomb other members. Nowhere to run for safety, BOF decided she'd do a hit and run, right, so with dual respect, speak for yourself and appeal to someone else.
The OP feels exactly the same, this isn't just her issue though, it's drafting everyone else's.
Its bad enough when other people stalk and get on your back, so a few extra measures don't hurt, just to be on the safe side.
I don't have any issues with you, so if you don't mind, Stay Out of My s**t and I'll stay out of yours. Fair I hope.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:59 am

I was talking to the OP. I’m not sure why you posted that.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Dec 2017, 8:20 am

I've battled for years to keep men out of Women Only but only men respond. Women should have a place (in WP? not sure) - but it's the men who respond and take the decision. They don't understand. Also there's no guarantee who's male or female. Men seem to think that women want to be alone in order to talk about men. Arrogance! For example, is it possible for a man to understand a mother-daughter relationship? No. So I don't talk about it. But I'm angry.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 8:30 am

Claradoon wrote:
Women should have a place (in WP? not sure)

Agreed. I'd feel more comfortable talking about personal stuff in a place like that. Men should have a place of their own too, for the sake of equality, but I think we'd really need a women only -place.