Page 3 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2017, 11:08 pm

No. I don't like the feel of make-up. It annoys me.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 7:55 pm

Goldenhawk wrote:
I can count the number of times I've worn makeup on one hand. Twice, when required to for school plays. Once for my wedding, and once for a special occasion photo shoot. I find it incredibly itchy, even the stuff that's supposed to be for sensitive skin, and it makes me want to claw my face off. So I avoid it as much as I can.

Likewise. Never understood the point, either.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2018, 11:19 pm

I was going to ask this too. Because I have definitely never been interested in makeup. I really don't even know how to properly apply anything other than mascara and eyeliner. Even those, I usually just don't want to go to the trouble of putting it on. I'll only wear it every once in awhile, usually when I'm going somewhere (like a job interview) where i want to look older/more professional (because without makeup, I look like I'm 13!).

BearBee
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2018, 5:06 am

I wear it at most a few times a week now, I just don't have the time or energy most mornings. I went through a phase where I tried wearing it every day to cover up my very pink/patchy skin bits and things but people made weird comments about it so I stopped. I tend to chew off my lipstick anyway and I don't like mascara or false eyelashes.

krustykrabpunx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2018, 6:31 pm

Heck yeah! Sometimes when I get stressed out, I do my makeup because it helps me relax. I love to draw as well. I don't think doing my makeup (where you're literally painting your face) is too far off from drawing a picture. Both activities allow me to focus on something constructive even if it's only for a little bit.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm

krustykrabpunx wrote:
Heck yeah! Sometimes when I get stressed out, I do my makeup because it helps me relax. I love to draw as well. I don't think doing my makeup (where you're literally painting your face) is too far off from drawing a picture. Both activities allow me to focus on something constructive even if it's only for a little bit.

Thank God someone agrees. I was beginning to feel like the weirdo for enjoying it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

No, I don't wear it. I just feel more comfortable and at ease without makeup on. But to each their own I guess. :)

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

I use a blemish controlling BB cream and a bit of physicians formula brand blush that serves to make my face less deathly pale and is supposed to boost mood.
I don't mind using this because my completion has actually improved with continued use.
Oh, I have to add, I do use a tinted lip balm too.
Products must do double duty to be practical.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 2:41 am

I am at an age now where I should start wearing make up. But the problem is I have no idea how to put it on to look nice than like a clown. Time to consult my mother about it and she can teach me.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 7:59 pm

No, don't like it.

EmFromOuterSpace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2018, 6:58 am

I know this is kinda a "controversial" topic among autistic women but I love makeup! I don't get "no makeup makeup" though, like super natural, I get super colorful and have fun with it. Colorful eyeliner, mascaras, and highlighters are my fave. I don't feel the absolute NEED to put it on though, and I'm usually too tired, but if I have time before going out I love to.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 5:23 pm

I love makeup. It's like an art project in my opinion. I find an eyeshadow color and lip color that looks great together and put it on while taking my time to make it look on point. I love lip glosses but I'm starting to prefer matte liquid lipsticks. They stay on better.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2018, 11:19 pm

I cannot go out the house without makeup on, I just don't feel comfortable. I at least need foundation on. I own so much makeup, I just usually only manage to do foundation and mascara before I have to run out the door because I'm already late :roll: I can't remember the last time I managed to put blusher or anything else on.

papercraneheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2018, 8:18 pm

Yes! It’s like playing with markers in a stimmy way (but I wear very subtle makeup haha). And... it’s a part of my mask. I feel more confident wearing it because I feel like I stand out less. I love trying new products though and I’m finally figuring out eye liner? I use a lot of Korean skincare products too, they are easy on my skin and don’t smell too strongly. I can only handle sheetmasks sometimes though.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2018, 12:50 am

Last time I wore makeup was to my wedding (7.5 years ago).

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2018, 3:22 pm

I'd say twice a year on average and it's just bb cream and mascara