Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:27 pm

Honestly, I am sick and tired of having to wait for my period (which is about a week or 2 late now), and having meltdowns shortly before I get them. I had a big one tonight, and now my husband probably doesn't love me anymore. I have been putting this off for too long. I want to call my OB/GYN and have her get my tubes tied. I was going to have my meeting regarding my volunteer work tomorrow and I canceled it because I was about to melt down.

I don't want to be told that this is a bad idea, because at this point, this will be the only thing that works.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 8:53 am

You get your tubes tied so you can't have any more children (and don't have to use birth control). You will still menstruate though, and you will still have mood changes associated with a menstrual cycle.

But do talk to your doctor about what you are suffering.

I had a hysterectomy because of extreme pain a day or so before my period. With a hysterectomy, you no longer have periods at all. If you have the ovaries removed too, you will face instant menopause, something you might want to avoid. If you leave the ovaries intact, you will gradually go into menopause at the normal age, they will still be functioning in the meantime but you won't have menstrual cramps and bloating. And of course, with a hysterectomy you can never have more babies.

There are also other options you might want to consider. The birth control pill gives many women lighter and shorter periods and predictable cycles. That might be all you need.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 10:42 am

BeaArthur wrote:
There are also other options you might want to consider. The birth control pill gives many women lighter and shorter periods and predictable cycles. That might be all you need.

The problem is that my body won't accept extra hormones from the pill. I was on it in the past, and all it did was make me angrier. I wanted to go on Yaz for a long time, but now I am unsure because I am scared it would make me more irritable.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 12:45 pm

There are different BC pills with different side effects that might affect you differently. But you see, if it's mood symptoms most troubling you, getting your tubes tied will not help with that. You would still ovulate and you would still have all the menstrual symptoms. So have a good long discussion with your doctor.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 1:06 pm

I won't be able to see my doctor until the end of June. Honestly, I wish it was earlier, because I feel that my hormones are anthropomorphic beings holding me hostage point blank. I am trying to take over-the-counter PMS meds, but I highly doubt they will work.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 1:06 pm

I had a hysterectomy in my late twenties because of cancer. My uterus was removed, but because I was young my ovaries were left in place. So no more periods, but there were still some monthly mood issues. Ive heard that women working together can have their periods synch. When I started getting cravings at the same time every month I asked a good friend at work if it was “that time of the month “. And I was always right. So, I didn’t have serious mood swings but some minor ones and cravings for salt and chocolate. Menopause started kicking in in my early forties. Serious hot flashes! All done with now.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 4:09 pm

The more I think about this, the more desperate I am to go through with this. I had a mini-meltdown today, and my brother, who was visiting, yelled at me for the first time in five years. All I want is my life to be normal, I am tired of hearing about other famous women who obviously have a better life than I do. The more I hear about these women, the more I want to smash their teeth in with a sledgehammer, as well as cut my stomach open to remove my female organs BY HAND!

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 5:19 pm

Look into CBD oil. I hear it can prevent meltdowns. You just put a drop on your tongue.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 1:26 pm

Why do people think the fact you won't be able to have children or more of them is a bad thing? My father got a vasectomy after my older brother and I were born because they decided two kids was all they wanted. :)

I can't imagine what it's like having a lot of siblings when you're on the spectrum. It sounds like a total nightmare to me. My one brother was bad enough as it is, especially when we got into our teens. Constantly barging into my room, invading my privacy, being rude and disgusting, making fun of my lined-up toy collections and on and on. Of course if I entered his room without permission, even just to play video games, he would have fed me to the wolves. :lol:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 10:29 am

WitchsCat wrote:
Honestly, I am sick and tired of having to wait for my period (which is about a week or 2 late now), and having meltdowns shortly before I get them. I had a big one tonight, and now my husband probably doesn't love me anymore. I have been putting this off for too long. I want to call my OB/GYN and have her get my tubes tied. I was going to have my meeting regarding my volunteer work tomorrow and I canceled it because I was about to melt down.

I don't want to be told that this is a bad idea, because at this point, this will be the only thing that works.

There are birth control pills that completely stop periods...just make sure you are not at an increased risk of blood clots or breast cancer before you go on them. If you have a family history of breast cancer, you are at an increased risk. You can be tested for clotting disorders like factor 5 Leiden.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:27 pm

I don’t blame you. I have no intention of ever having children and personally want my uterus removed. I get terrible periods and hormonal imbalances.

I feel for you. Sorry you feel like crap. :(