confused about how to relate to guys and girls

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lucybeebee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2010, 7:07 pm

I feel completely confused about how to relate to people of both sexes. Females seem to be preoccupied in the minutae of social relationships that doesn't interest me at all. Guys seem to be more interested in "doing stuff," but the boorish aspect of males turns me off. Plus, the last time I was in a friendship with a guy, he developed a crush on me, which confused me to no end. Does anyone else feel like a "neuter," like you don't belong among men or women?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 7:21 pm

Yes, I don't fit with either but I do know people of either gender who break the mold.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 7:49 pm

When I was in my late teens and 20's I was usually happier and more social with men than with other women, but when others noticed this it made me uncomfortable, because I just thought of them as friend and a lot of ppl think men and women can't be "just friends" That was before I was diagnosed with Asperger's. Oh I can get along with women, too, as long as they don't act like a big stereotype who's life revolves around buying high-heeled shoes and unbelievably overpriced crystal figurines...I knew a woman like that once, she almost bored me to tears when we went to the mall...on the other hand, don't expect to see me to start smoking cigars and watch football all day, either. :)