Page 1 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Emmapants
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2010, 4:02 pm

I'd prefer to be able to go bra-less, and I do so when I'm home. Unfortunately, being a 36F somewhat prevents me from going bra-less in public!

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 5:12 pm

I don't wear one at home - no need really. I only wear one when I go out in public. They make nice foundation garments for certain outfits. I don't mind them, but there was about a year where I didn't wear one. It didn't make a difference to me. Not wearing one had no adverse effect on my physique.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 7:47 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
I'm a professional brafitter, I know how to fit a bra, so wearing a bra is a pleasure to me. I have many models from many brands and they support my boobs as well as I don't feel I wear a bra.

I'm going to trust you opinions as a professional bra fitter; but if your charts are right & my inches-centimeter conversions are accurate my bra size is WAY off & changes a lot daily...

Question; should the shoulder blades be included in the bust measurement? Mine is kind of funny b/c I have scoliosis & no matter what I wear the band hurts (I have to readjust due to shoulder blade pain which I think is partially just my back problems).

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 4:02 am

Band shouldn't lie on your blades, but under them. If it does, it's too loose and it's riding up.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

AMDeering
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2010, 10:19 am

I hate bras so much! It's the first thing I take off when I get home at the end of the day. I'm a C cup, so I need to wear one in public, though. I feel awkward without it.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:26 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
Band shouldn't lie on your blades, but under them. If it does, it's too loose and it's riding up.

Do you mean on the ribs or just under the blades where it grind the very end of the blade? If one blade is slightly lower or more protruding than the other (can't tell I need to get someone to check but if their is a difference its very mild but annoying) should you go with the lower blade's position?

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

Under the blades, on the ribs:

See the guide:
http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/wr ... d-fit.aspx

Problems with itchy straps you can solve adjusting the straps - one longer, one shorter.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

lovecholie
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2010, 4:35 pm

I go braless most of the time if it doesn't attract too much attention. But most of my bras are like training bras - I hate padding and underwire. I only wear a legitimate bra to work.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

i was a AA cup (if that) as a teenager so i never bothered to wear a bra. with a sheer shirt i'd wear an undershirt. i didn't like showing nipples (why are we so hung up on nipples? lol)

but now that i am chubby and had a child, the puppies are a small C/big B and wobble tremendously. they are also getting droopy in spite of all of the support i try to give them. i think the genetics of your body type and the composition of your breasts (mammary/muscle/fat tissue), etc. contributes to droopines, not just gravity.

i find it very hard to find a bra that fits comfortably, so when i do i buy it in every colour or variety!

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 9:16 pm

Peko wrote:
Valoyossa wrote:
I'm a professional brafitter, I know how to fit a bra, so wearing a bra is a pleasure to me. I have many models from many brands and they support my boobs as well as I don't feel I wear a bra.

I'm going to trust you opinions as a professional bra fitter; but if your charts are right & my inches-centimeter conversions are accurate my bra size is WAY off & changes a lot daily...

Question; should the shoulder blades be included in the bust measurement? Mine is kind of funny b/c I have scoliosis & no matter what I wear the band hurts (I have to readjust due to shoulder blade pain which I think is partially just my back problems).

Make sure that you convert the size as well because the chart is British sizes. It's one letter off, so if it says you're a D cup, you'd be a C cup in American sizes. The band size is the same.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 9:19 pm

I wear them in the day but not when I sleep. I purposefully buy comfy ones, so they aren't terribly uncomfortable to me.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 4:56 am

sorry to interrupt being a man... but i saw this on youtube once. maybe it is usefull for some.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-OG6f8PtE[/youtube]

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 8:46 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i was a AA cup (if that) as a teenager so i never bothered to wear a bra. with a sheer shirt i'd wear an undershirt. i didn't like showing nipples (why are we so hung up on nipples? lol)

but now that i am chubby and had a child, the puppies are a small C/big B and wobble tremendously. they are also getting droopy in spite of all of the support i try to give them. i think the genetics of your body type and the composition of your breasts (mammary/muscle/fat tissue), etc. contributes to droopines, not just gravity.

i find it very hard to find a bra that fits comfortably, so when i do i buy it in every colour or variety!

I'm so jealous! I am wire-thin and still have DDs. If I put on weight they'd probably balloon to a G or H. I'd love to be a size A.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 8:54 am

[quote="aspi-rant"]sorry to interrupt being a man... but i saw this on youtube once. maybe it is usefull for some./quote]

It's okay :) I just put females only b/c I'm sick of dealing with stupid boob comments, which I almost always get if I bring this type of thing up. Or maybe that's just b/c I mostly talk too college guys...

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 10:32 pm

Umm I'm not massively endowed so I can get away with wearing the tank tops with a shelf bra. Those aren't as uncomfortable as the regular kind. Plus the straps on the tank tops don't slip off my shoulders every two minutes like those from the other kind.. :evil: I HATE that.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

27 Jul 2010, 9:42 pm

I vote for braless.
But then I"m an evil braless hippie, meself. :D

I'm a D cup, for the record.