Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2020, 1:50 pm

Does anyone here find having there hair brushed by there partner, spouse soothing.

I always found my hair been a sensory issue and hated as a young girl having my hair brushed as my mum used to do it rough to get knots out so never really enjoyed having my hair brushed till last night.

I had just got out the shower and I was tired and struggling so after he used a hairdryer to dry my hair he asked if I wanted it brushing. I knew it needed brushing so I grit my teeth expecting pain as he brushed it but it was different.

He was so gentle as he brushed and was gentle as he brushed my knotted hair to the point where I felt like I was been soothed by the brushing.

After he finished brushing I asked him if I could sit between his legs with my back to him and if he would continue brushing. He didn't complain but it felt so nice and sensory that I fell asleep and he was still brushing me at 2am in the morning I was amazed at how relaxed I was and more so that he was willing to tire himself more "which is dangerous due to his health"

He said it felt good for him to brush as it allowed him to zone out but I was more shocked at how soothing it was for me.

I did ask if every night he could repeat that as it really soothed me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 2:13 pm

am going to sound mean here but i think many primates get their sensativities assuages by grooming activities.. brushing or having my hair brushes is a vaction all by itself ... its great you have such a grand admirer of your locks .Weidly enough , it is not the same degree of relaxation if done in a hair salon for me.

where ever you go ,there you are

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 11:08 pm

When I was a young most of the kids in my family took turns combing my dad's hair as he lay on the sofa. I think it was on Sundays only. He worked extremely hard - we didn't really like it but we all knew how seldom he got to relax.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2020, 10:37 am

I don't have great hair just I usually just brush it so it's presentable.

I also hate hair salons but I'm not sure if my partner brushing my hair is soothing partly because of I feel it's a loving thing he's doing to me

Blood Fairy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Sep 2020, 9:17 pm

I have dreadlocks but if one of the few people I'm truly close to plays with my hair I find it extremely soothing.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 12:08 am

Having other people pet or brush my hair is very soothing. Especially when they run their fingers through my hair and scrape their finger nails. Like scratching a dog.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

AEqualsBCD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2020, 1:18 am

I don't find brushing my hair or having it brushed very soothing. The feel and sound of the brush against my hair is very distressing for me.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2020, 4:49 am

I hate brushing my hair and I don't think it's soothing at all.
I haven't had my hair brushed since 2006 and I don't have dreadlocks.
But the only hugs I like are the ones on my hair.

azealia84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

I love it! I find it so relaxing, and love having my head scratched too.