Is it normal to bleed a lot on birth control?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 10:32 pm

Maybe it's just because of the placebo pills I had to take all week this week, but it's stopping finally. I'd give it like two more days just to be safe. Also, my mom has her own problems, and I guess it's about that time of the month for her too, so that explains a lot of things that have been happening here. Hopefully it doesnt happen again, because that was Hell!

myfallen1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

this hasbeen happening to me too! non stop bleeding. i feel like i'm dying! ive been on b.c. for a few weeks 2 days went by and my heavy bleeding stopped. then a few days later, i was spotting. now it's non stop blood. it hurts and i spent who knows howmuch money on super plus tampons to stop it. it wont stop!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

This is known as break through bleeding. I had it too when I used birth control pills. It did stop after awhile. If it keeps happening, I would change the type of pill you are taking.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 7:35 am

I've been on the pill for the last three years because I started suffering with horrible cramps and nausea during periods. Being on the pill helped heaps, but I've been 'stacking' my pills and skipping the placebo ones, so I don't have a period at all. I figure, if it's not necassery, why do it?

I've had a couple of small breakthrough bleeds, but that was because I didn't always take my pill at the regular time. They cleared up, when I started being hyper-vigilant about that.

That could be an option for you, once you've sorted out what the proper pill for you is. The doctor would have prescribed you a low-dose pill, but you might need a higher dose one.

It is normal for your body to go a bit crazy when you first start taking the pill. If you don't feel better by the three month mark, get a prescription for another one.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

The pill will balance you out after about 6 months or so. Just hold with it for now, and if you're still really heavy after that, try a different pill with the help of your doctor.