Being seen as a failed girly girl instead of androgynous

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Balbituate
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2017, 5:47 am

Does anyone else have this issue? I do have some girly traits, but I also have strong masculine traits such as my sense of humor and communication style. I feel like people see them as me being autistic, clueless about how to be girly or just quirky instead of truly androgynous. Same with my sexuality. I had very obvious signs of attraction to girls when I was a kid. But people just saw it as me being weird and jealous. People still have a hard time believing my sexuality. It doesn't help that lesbians just won't date a freak of nature like me. Since I can't get laid there's no proof of my sexuality! I'm just too immature to be attracted to guys.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 6:15 am

I never actually had that problem myself. But in a similar case, people have called me "edgy" and a "special snowflake" before just because of my beliefs and unpopular opinions on certain subjects. They think I try too hard to be something I'm not, to be cool - "edgy" and a means of seeking attention. But I'm just being myself and I've tried to explain that to some but they, of course, don't believe me.

...All I can say is try not to worry about what people think. Most will say anything to ruffle someone's feathers. I also wouldn't try to get others to approve of your sexuality. Just be the way you are regardless. You shouldn't need the approval of anyone to feel valid.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 12:54 pm

I'm not a female but, I do have stronger feminine traits than masculine. I hate sports, I like to care for my family more than working, I like doing household chores(eg. cooking, cleaning), My sense of humor is more about being clever than some crude sexual or nasty jokes.

I had stuffed animals and use to play imaginary family with them! I would be more outwardly about some of these things but I'm afraid of being called "gay", "fag", or getting my butt kicked for it. I'm a straight guy but I know if I were to show more of my feminine traits people will assume I'm gay and just like you I never had sex either and that seems to be the only thing people look at to determine whether you're straight or not.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."