Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NekoHime
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2010, 4:21 am

I was just wondering if there are any distinguishing features for women/girls with both AS/PDD-NOS and ADHD/ADD? 'Cause I've read and heard that both does disorders is different in girls and boys and that a person with both are different from one with just one of them. That some of the typical stuff isn't as visible with someone who just have one of them.

So as I started this subject, is there any distinguishing features for women/girls with both AS/PDD-NOS and ADHD?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 4:45 am

i'm interested in that too. i have social issues that are not explained by my inattentive add.

azbluesgal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2010, 5:09 am

Aimless wrote:
i'm interested in that too. i have social issues that are not explained by my inattentive add.

My new doc and I were "interviewing" each other yesterday. I need a neurologist and dermatologist for my NF, but guess it would be time to be "reevaluated" by a "shrink" to see if meds would help since it's been a few years since i have seen one. I was depressed about my lumpectomy complications and having to care for my elderly mother full time. what a piece of work SHE was -would not even make eye contact (had tinted glasses on the whole time) SHEESH
MY Point - all these varying neurological conditions have varying yet sometimes overlapping symptoms -it doesn't matter what you call it - IT'S STILL THE DANG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM THAT NO ONE WANTS TO ACKNOWLEDGE!! ! Only YOU can decide what you want to change, go get help and demand (nicely) what you need, and then sit down and make a plan for how to do it. Sometimes I mood cycle so bad I think I'm on this evil merry go round and can't get off, but if I hang in there with my tried and true comfort measures, the thing eventually slows down and I can get off safely. Now if that made any sense to anyone, I'll really eat my hat. :twisted: :roll:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 5:35 am

it makes sense :) my interest is i guess the same reason i am interested in my genealogy or my genetic history. it's not so much wanting a label but a puzzle you want to put together. i know it sounds self obsessed but there you go.