Butterfly
Butterfly

26 May 2017, 2:16 pm

or any other substances

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 2:37 pm

Doctors are likely to recommend medications for anxiety and depression, which, in my experience, are more trouble than they are worth.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 3:11 pm

Luvox helps take the edge off of repetitive thoughts and behavior for me

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 3:55 pm

Cannabis has helped a lot.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 12:33 am

Risperdal and Abilify are atypical antipsychotics that have been studied and used to good effect in autistic people. Things they help with are irritability, mood stability, racing thoughts, and overall anxiety because they can also reduce the sense of overstimulation. They are the only two meds that are approved specifically for autism, and the downsides are weight gain and drowsiness. Many people with autism benefit from anti-anxiety meds too, and/or antidepressants.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2017, 4:56 am

CBD/Hemp oil...Look for naturals alternatives,stay clear of pharma meds.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 6:36 am

Another vote for cannabis.

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2017, 11:00 am

Yeah, weed helps loads.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:05 pm

Not sure if just me but weed seems to enhance my senses and causes anxiety, paranoia and over stimulation. I only like the 'after high' feeling. The high when it's wearing off

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 2:50 pm

High CBD Cannabis or CBD oil. No Tardive Dyskensia, no Diabetes type II and no weight gain like you would if you took antipsychotics like Risperdone. CBD doesn't cause weight gain and it works so much better than anything a doctor is gonna give you.

CrossedHannah
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2017, 5:19 am

Diazepam is the only med that has worked for me, and not for regular taking. None of the antidepressants or anti anxiety meds that I've tried have helped more than the harm they did, most just didn't work at all. Weed does it for me. There is no magical drug, wish this wasn't true.

Synic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2017, 12:16 pm

Redxk wrote:
Risperdal and Abilify are atypical antipsychotics that have been studied and used to good effect in autistic people. Things they help with are irritability, mood stability, racing thoughts, and overall anxiety because they can also reduce the sense of overstimulation. They are the only two meds that are approved specifically for autism, and the downsides are weight gain and drowsiness. Many people with autism benefit from anti-anxiety meds too, and/or antidepressants.

I have used both Risperdal and Abilify and they were horrible. I was restless and couldn't concentrate on anything. Couldn't even sit through a movie, even if I liked it. I'll take the irritability anytime.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2017, 12:34 pm

Synic wrote:
Redxk wrote:

I have used both Risperdal and Abilify and they were horrible. I was restless and couldn't concentrate on anything. Couldn't even sit through a movie, even if I liked it. I'll take the irritability anytime.

I am on Abilify right now and it helps a lot for me. Also let me say that everyones bodies react differently to the medicines. Abilify has worked with a ton of things for me like irritability and my racing thoughts so Redxk has mostly said everything about right.

Lastly, to answer the question overall, just talk to your psychiatrist about different types of medicines that might help with anxiety or other things that might be a problem for you.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 4:42 pm

I need something too, I been getting more anxiety than ever, I can get anxiety walking around my apartment.

I was on Risperdal & Abilify when I was so badly depressed, it didn't work out for me.

fselzr

25 Jun 2017, 11:34 am

Antidepressants (serotonine + dopamine selective reuptake inhibitors) + psychedelics = Feeling normal, it worked for me in a godlike way.

KanyeWestFan2.0
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2017, 7:08 pm

I just ordered some organic hemp oil, I hope it works