Page 5 of 18 [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:14 am

My everlasting obsession is drawing and also cats.

My other interests since puberty have been Turkish grammar, idioms and proverbs; lung cancer; symbian phones, metal music, Finland; English; anime/manga, Japanese language and kanji; keto / low carb diet; mental illnesses and then autism. Some of them passed, some of them are still there.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:55 am

I, too, studied about Finland. I was very into the Olympic Games and followed the lives and careers of famous Finnish athletes, mostly long-distance runners such as Hannes Kolehmainen, Paavo Nurmi and Lasse Viren. I was never able to run long distances myself, but I was very interested in the people who excelled at this discipline.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

I've never been really attached to a person (even my parents).

I'm interested in many things. There are times when I get in the mood to go into depth, and research a specific topic quite a bit.

About six months ago, for example, I wanted to get every interview which Jimi Hendrix gave. I usually like to "hear it from the horse's mouth," so to speak.

Just like I wish that Jesus wrote an account of his life. All we have are four main chroniclers, who have varying views on their subject (i.e., Jesus).

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:01 am

My favorite Internet site was one dedicated to Siamese cats. I made so many good friends on that site from all over the world. Sadly, that site no longer exists. I got an e-mail from an old cat site friend that said a new site would be formed. I can't wait to bring everyone up to date on changes in my life, even though some are rather sad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:06 am

I have a love-hate relationship with Persian cats LOL.

They tend to be spoiled, and they tend to develop hairballs.

But Zum Zum, a Persian, was one of my best friends when I was 15 years old.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:15 am

I'd like to get a Scottish Fold

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:20 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I'd like to get a Scottish Fold

Scottish Folds are my favorite after Bengal cats

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

TheAP wrote:
:evil:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheAP wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheAP wrote:
My special interests include Internet forums, autism, Choose Your Own Adventure books, and making up imaginary worlds and characters (often related to the above interests). I also have intense obsessions with people, but I place those in a different category than my special interests.

Awesome! I've been enthralled by autism for a little over a year now; I just can't stop talking about it :D . It's interesting- I also have obsessions with people and I don't consider them to be in the same category as my special interests. In fact, I can't remember a time when I wasn't completely obsessed with a person.

What are your obsessions with people like?

My obsessions with people have been there since birth. It is always somebody I know in person or on the Internet and I just absolutely love them (not in an intimate way, of course). It's normally somebody much older than me, and all I want to do is talk to them/see them all day long. I've lost friends because of my obsessions- I get way too annoying lol :D .

Interesting. I don't talk to the people I obsess over unless they talk to me first. I'm too shy.

@kraftiekortie: Literally any type of person. Sometimes I get obsessions with people I don't even like, and imagine them doing mean things to me. As for my more positive obsessions, it varies. I used to be "attracted" to smart people. Then I became more into kind or unique people. But sometimes I'll have a dream about a random person and start obsessing over them.

Yeah, most of the time I only talk if they say something, but then I talk for a long time if they let me :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:30 pm

Some people really like it when a person is really enthusiastic about something.

Some people could care less.

I am inspired by enthusiasm. I can't stand apathy.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some people really like it when a person is really enthusiastic about something.

Some people could care less.

I am inspired by enthusiasm. I can't stand apathy.

I feel like some people understood my enthusiasm, while others were quite annoyed lol :D .

I think my 5th grade teacher was one of those ones who were annoyed- especially when I would stay in the classroom all recess so he couldn't get any work done. Whoops :roll:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:47 pm

Yep...teachers can be that way. They do have to do lots of paperwork.

I wish they would tell kids in a nicer way, though, that they have to do their work. Fifth-graders are almost always smart enough to know that a teacher needs to do administrative tasks in addition to teaching.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 1:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep...teachers can be that way. They do have to do lots of paperwork.

I wish they would tell kids in a nicer way, though, that they have to do their work. Fifth-graders are almost always smart enough to know that a teacher needs to do administrative tasks in addition to teaching.

I realize that now lol :D . I wish I had realized it in 5th grade. I did have quite a nice time talking on and on for ages, though!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

I apologize for the evil smiley at the top of my last post. I was on mobile and must have put that there by accident. :lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:34 pm

TheAP wrote:
I apologize for the evil smiley at the top of my last post. I was on mobile and must have put that there by accident. :lol:

That's fine :D . I was a bit confused, but I reckoned it was an accident lol.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:42 pm

Kraftie,

My love of Siamese cats began with Samantha, my best friend for 20 years. I still miss her. She was a wonderful cat.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:45 pm

TheAP- I know you are interested in autism and choose your own adventure books; have you ever written a choose your own adventure about autism? :D