What you think how we Aspies are seen by NTs

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 6:45 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

That's what I meant, even when i was kid people like to patronizing me.
Even when i was summer camp basically psychiatric clinic for kids with autism/Adhd neurosis and so staff looking for patronize me. If someone behaved remarkably well there, helping staff kitchen and so on he/she can get special privileges, like watching TV until late night, curfew was 23:00 (11:00 PM) or can out the compound unattended, so i working really hard to get that privileges, but it's turned be rubbish because chief doctor, she was actually very nice lady was not willing to let my, it was pissed me as f**k, that younger kids, have it but i don't i was 14 back than and other kids was 12 or 13 :twisted:
But there was an opportunity, the doctor was going to some stupid child psychiatrists scientific conference to the United States, she was very hyped about this, that she would going there as representative of Poland, psychiatric community.

So as she already went to this conference, I went to her deputy's office, told him that the doctor, I forgot to approve my pass, and he stamped it and said that i'm provably right :D So much for alleged honesty of Aspies :mrgreen:

But I felt bad that I was so screw up by this doctor, given fact he looked like an aspie too.

So when she, the chief doctor returned to work, I told her what I did and that I was ashamed.
The doctor was interested, why did I use her inadvertent deputy, I said that I did not like the younger kids have more privileges than me. The doctor said that she would not punish me, but she is bit disappointed, she said that Jealousy is not a good advisor, and she did not want to give me this pass, because she was afraid does i can handle it, she also said that i shouldn't lie my way trough life.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:49 am

will@rd wrote:
I much prefer Aspergian.

How do you pronounce Aspergian?

well the gian bit anyway.

or is it pronounced differently depending on country as the "g" is hard or soft depending on country when it comes to Aspergers

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2017, 3:50 pm

JakeASD wrote:
Quiet, placid and distant.

I'm not quiet at all :P

I talk all the time, basically, in a loud voice. I'm very extroverted.

How people view me: Annoying, neurotic, totally nervous, preoccupied, insecure.

Last edited by anti_gone on 06 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
will@rd wrote:
I much prefer Aspergian.

or is it pronounced differently depending on country as the "g" is hard or soft depending on country when it comes to Aspergers

I pronounce it Asper-gin :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 3:53 pm

anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

I'm not sure how people view me. I'm more of the "quiet" type, to be honest :D . By the way, I've been invited to two birthday parties! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

I'm not sure how people view me. I'm more of the "quiet" type, to be honest :D . By the way, I've been invited to two birthday parties! :D

That's cool, Stampy! :D

I am quiet sometimes, usually when people talk about things I cannot say anything about :roll:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

I am quiet sometimes, usually when people talk about things I cannot say anything about :roll:

Thanks! I'm really excited- I hope it will get rid of this weird dreadful feeling that I've been worrying about lately :D .

Lol same here. I can be loud and talkative, but some topics are just a no-no for me :D .

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

Thanks! I'm really excited- I hope it will get rid of this weird dreadful feeling that I've been worrying about lately :D .

Lol same here. I can be loud and talkative, but some topics are just a no-no for me :D .

Have you already bought presents for the birthday parties?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

Nope! I'm not sure what to get them :? . I know one of my friends likes music, and the other one was the one I introduced to Stampy Cat, so I might get her something Stampy related :D .

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2017, 4:35 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

Nope! I'm not sure what to get them :? . I know one of my friends likes music, and the other one was the one I introduced to Stampy Cat, so I might get her something Stampy related :D .

Oh, music is a very broad field... does the friend like (mainstream) pop, or hip hop, or metal, or some indie rock? Maybe there's a way to find out what she (?) listens to? (like a Facebook or Spotify account...)
There are always "safe" presents like gift cards (maybe for a record store or something else music-related?), bathing products (at least for girls) or a home-baked cake. Maybe also something like bracelets or jewelery if she likes thtat. Ok, not too sure about 13-year old girls in the US, so maybe I'm wrong ;-)

About the other friend: Yes, sounds like a good idea :D

It's also ok to ask people if they have any wishes... When I throw a birthday party myself, I also get asked by people, so that's fine.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

Oh, music is a very broad field... does the friend like (mainstream) pop, or hip hop, or metal, or some indie rock? Maybe there's a way to find out what she (?) listens to? (like a Facebook or Spotify account...)
There are always "safe" presents like gift cards (maybe for a record store or something else music-related?), bathing products (at least for girls) or a home-baked cake. Maybe also something like bracelets or jewelery if she likes thtat. Ok, not too sure about 13-year old girls in the US, so maybe I'm wrong ;-)

About the other friend: Yes, sounds like a good idea :D

I'm not too sure either :D ! I know she likes pop music, because she plays it on her phone a lot, but I don't know if she enjoys other genres too. She has an iTunes account, so I don't think I can find out without asking her. I might get her an iTunes gift card, or another sort of gift card. I don't think she likes jewelry that much, though. I might ask her what kind of thing she would want. :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:10 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
will@rd wrote:
I much prefer Aspergian.

Just use whichever way is derived from whichever is locally acceptable for you to say "Asperger's". In the US only the "g as in good" version of aspergers is acceptable, but in Britain its fifty-fifty. Either "g as in good", or "g with a J sound" is acceptable ( I can never remember which g is 'soft' and which is called 'hard').

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
will@rd wrote:
I much prefer Aspergian.

Just use whichever way is derived from whichever is locally acceptable for you to say "Asperger's". In the US only the "g as in good" version of aspergers is acceptable, but in Britain its fifty-fifty. Either "g as in good", or "g with a J sound" is acceptable ( I can never remember which g is 'soft' and which is called 'hard').

Hard G as in good , soft G as in gerbil , thanks for the answers , I pronounce Aspergers with a hard G but Aspergian sounds more correct to me with a soft G if that makes sense - my brain is weird. :roll:

Edit: I really need to hear that word spoken now , I'm going to look on youtube

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:35 pm

Actually the word "Asperger" existed in the English language long before "Asperger's syndrome" was known about.

It means "the person who sprinkles holy water in a Catholic mass". And its pronounced with a soft G.

In German they have the same word, but it's pronounced with a hard G. And the condition is named after the guy who discovered it who was a German speaking Austrian who pronounced his name with a hard G.

So the question is...what was Dr. Hans Asperger himself named after?

If his linneage was named after an ancestor who was a choirboy who sprinkled holy water then you could make the case for the soft G pronunciation.

But if his ancestor was so named because the ancestor came from the town of "Asperg" ( with the G pronounced like the G in "Hamburg") in Bavaria then you have to use the hard G version.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:38 pm

Nice titbit of info there , thanks.

I just googled it ( I have trust issues :lol: ) and the rite of sprinkling the holy water is called Asperges but no mention of Aspergers in Catholicism except for Catholics with the syndrome.

I just found an entry in Kitchen Witches Guide To Magical Tools ( not in my personal library :lol: ) and they refer to an Asperger as an alternative name for an Aspergillum

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:53 pm

It depends on what Hans Asperger called himself.

Names often change pronunciations over generations.