Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2017, 4:17 am

I am having a bad day. I killed my Mac this weekend, seems that they don't like water. I tried really hard to not obsess but now I am in a total state, it like it has taken over. I am going to have to sell all of my Astro gear to buy a second hand Mac, I can't afford a new one. I am just starting a new job this morning and this has come at the worst possible moment. I don't feel like I have control of anything without my Mac, my life is on there. I have all my important stuff on the cloud and music I am really into on vinyl, O have however lost close on 500gb of MP3. But I can live with that as it was just an autistic digital stash, I never listened to them really.

Sorry folks I just needed to off load, I feel physically horrible. Anyone who thinks being an aspie is in anyway cool should try being me today, it's ridiculous, I am a complete mess

BBC: Radio 4

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 4:28 am

I have had those moments. I find that the biggest problem is panic and not having a plan. Once I've gathered a bit and worked out the options it's still a pain in the arse but at least I've worked out a way forward.
On a more practical note.. I've got a mac mini with cheapy monitor, keyboard and mouse. I reckon it's the very cheapest way of getting macc'd up and may even be cheaper than buying a used computer.
I don't know how computerate you are... I don't want to state the bleedin' obvious. I'm a technophobe, but I do know:
I have an external hard drive and back everything up via time machine. These hard drives are crazy cheap. You can also get software for bootable drives now... so if your computer goes bang you can still boot up via the external hard drive (albeit slowly). I've thought about this myself... but my computing needs are very simple.

I apologise if you already know this stuff.

You may want to get onto a Mac forum to explore all the options from hardcore tech-heads.
Good luck... hope you get it all sorted.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame