19 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

Yes I am.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 6:44 am

Yes. But mostly it is organised mess.
Half finished projects.
I'm getting better at reducing the amount of possessions I have and tackling my disorganisation in a slow and steady fashion.

'Once begun, the jobs half done'

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:22 am

Many people call me 'scatterbrained'. I always keep my keys and money in my bag when at home, because I know that if I take them out of my bag I will go out without those 2 important things.

Usually I create a mess wherever I go. For example, my mum has kept the living-room nice and tidy, then as soon as I come home from somewhere the living-room is somehow in a mess of my stuff, and I don't even know how I caused a mess.

I love writing stories, but I have about 5 books on the go, all unfinished. So I don't put my books away because I am in the middle of writing all of them. So I leave them lying about on the couch or the table.

When I purchase something new, for example a pair of shoes, I tend to dump them on the floor in the kitchen or the bedroom, and not wear them for a few days until somebody mentions it. I don't know why I do this. It's like I forget that I bought a new pair of shoes and go on wearing my old tatty shoes.

As a child I had a messy bedroom. I used to hate tidying it. So when my mum tidied it for me, I didn't want other children moving my stuff because I didn't want to have to tidy anything. But I went and made a mess anyway, so it didn't matter when other children came and touched my toys when my room was already in a mess. Also I used to make a fuss to my parents to help bring a rather big toy outside into the garden (for example the toy kitchen/tea set), and I'd play with it for a while then get distracted on to something else. So my poor parents had to clear up the toys and put it back inside. :lol:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 10:04 am

I have an all too common problem: piles of old papers I need to get rid of.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:23 pm

I used to be pretty tidy and organized to the point where it was like OCD. Now I leave nearly all my things in a huge mess because it takes forever to organize and it'll be messed up again in a few minutes, anyway. :( Also I have two cats and you how they are about knocking things over. :)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 3:39 pm

When I was young, tidying was done according to an arbitrary schedule, always spoiling the fun. I am finally learning that it is good to tidy up after each phase of a job, when a new array of tools need to be handy on the bench.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:42 pm

Yes.

My husband and I both hate cleaning up and so the ongoing contest is to see who gets grossed out first, gives in and does the cleaning. We average about even steven over time. :-)