Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

EarthAngel19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2009, 1:50 pm

but I've been watching all the coverage of Michael Jackson and reading posts from this site at the same time and the thought came to me that Michael Jackson could have been autistic or had Asperger's. His voice-soft spoken, hanging out with children, neverland, love of animals, almost shy in many interviews, strange things like putting a child out a window etc. What do you think? It would explain a lot.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:59 pm

I really don't know :?. He definitely had problems, but I can see what you mean to an extent (I think if he had it he would of been very high functioning to deal with the level of social pressure he had). But I think many of the traits he had could also be explained by his having to hide his true nature (like many w/ AS do everyday :( ). Simply put, I think he was gay (a closeted homosexual, he never seemed comfortable with his wives & only seemed to want them for the kids & stuff like that). Who really knows?

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 2:16 pm

I don't know what his neurotype was, but I once saw a TV documentary about him in which a journalist slowly edged his way into his trust and then hammered him about child molestation. And although the documentary was made from the journalist's perpsective, I just kept thinking: I understand Michael Jackson somehow. I don't think this guy is guilty of anything perverted. I think I would get on with him if I knew him. I felt a sort of affinity without actually BEING like him in any way, if that makes sense. And bear in mind, this is not the reaction of a fan -- I have no Michael Jackson CDs.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

I didn't see the documentary, but I heard bits & pieces.
Some people are a-sexual. I hear that a lot around here.
The idea of innocently sharing a bed with a child makes sense to me.
I did it all the time with my kids, and firmly believe that the "family bed" is the natural order, at least for moms. I think it's a sick society that asks a child to sleep alone anyway.

The Asperger's idea has crossed my mind in the past.