greenturtle74’s Cartoon Guide to Asperger’s

Page 4 of 43 [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next

Weather
Raven
Raven

20 Dec 2009, 8:04 pm

I would love to take these illustrations into Photoshop and colorize them. But I don't know what color you want the characters to be and such. It would be a great side project for me since I am interested in getting into Graphic Arts.

Keep up the good work though.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2009, 9:16 pm

Hi Weather, thanks for the offer, but I think I will stick with a minimalist, black and white approach. It seems appropriate given my strictly amateur skills and my desire to be as direct as possible. You'd be surprised how much thought can go into one of these little drawings, even as simple as they are, and that sometimes it takes a few tries to get it just right.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 2:20 am

Will the book include more cartoons?

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2009, 6:40 am

What about finding a medical literature company to set you up with distribution or marketing help.

If you ask me (Im not the guy to ask) I think it would make bulls eye doctors office reading. Gotta give er a flashy cover though.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2009, 6:52 pm

Greentea wrote:
Will the book include more cartoons?

No, I think this one deserves to stand on its own, but I will continue to do the blog.

bigblock wrote:
What about finding a medical literature company to set you up with distribution or marketing help.

I am going the Lulu route. It's very straightforward - no upfront costs, they do the distribution and I do the marketing.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2009, 9:07 am

Its money in the bank. I can't say how much... Probably like anything else there's a sweet spot in pricing. Too high and no one will buy. Too low and folks will think its junk.

silly people, don't even know why they buy. Its pretty funny I think.

complicitytheory
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Dec 2009, 8:14 am

Didn't get some of it, which is reasonable. But it got me giggling.
Thanks.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2009, 6:15 am

Can you create more Green turtle cartoons to entertain the masses and stay sharp, while you move this project into its next phase?
Whatever subject you roll out you formula will translate nicely I think.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 8:32 am

I second that request.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 8:54 am

My goodness, I love them! Bigblock is right: There needs to be more.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2009, 5:09 pm

The masses want more? OK, I'll give you more. Inspired by this thread.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 5:34 pm

:lol: :lol:

More!

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 5:39 pm

I love how in the first cartoon, the friend asks "You're a what now?" It's funny because people tend to become this and that and announce it to their friends, so the friend assumes it's some new lifestyle or conviction the other has adopted, but in our case it's not that we chose to adopt Autism - we were Aspie all the time, only discovered it recently! LOL

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2009, 3:57 am

Is facial recognition a common problem on WP?

The rest of the cartoon was my story too, but I have no problem with facial recognition at all.

At least If I have Aspergers I am one without this problem.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

Bigblock -

For me, it's more like I recognize the person, but can't identify them, or how I know them. There are a few people I don't have this problem with, mostly close family.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2009, 11:41 am

I fear I've made a mistake in going public with this project. I worry that I'm putting myself in the position of spokesperson for the self-diagnosed in a way I'm not prepared to be.

The response here on WP has been positive, and I thank you for that. People who know me personally also enjoyed it and took me at my word. But I am getting hateful comments on my blog taking me to task for being self-diagnosed. As ignorant as these comments are, there is some truth to them. I've also read through the thread here on WP on whether a self-diagnosis is valid. What right do I really have to say I have this condition, much less to be a spokesperson for those who do?

I do believe there's a need for a fun, "pocket guide" to AS to educate and break down prejudices. I'm just not sure I'm the person to do it. My original goal was to disclose to my friends, and I've done that. Perhaps it should end there.