Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 566
Location: With The Sailor Guardians

14 Sep 2017, 11:15 am

Do any of you have trouble spending time with your family or friends?

Curious as always :D,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)


_________________
Just an unusual and eccentric autistic Lego here!
Happiness in others make me happy. Especially women, I care about them. :)

If you are interested in PMing me, then go ahead! ;)

I am stuck in the past, discovering all of it's secrets and information! If only there were others with me... :/

AHH... This stuff is really...FRESH!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,946
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

It can be a pain in the tushey.....



StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,154
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

14 Sep 2017, 3:10 pm

I can see my friends during school, but I absolutely detest seeing them outside of school for some reason (except on my birthday and Halloween). The weird thing is, I love spending time and talking with them. I think it is because school is more structured and classes give me a break from socializing, so I completely enjoy being there and it is easier for me.

As for family, I am never in my room except when I am sleeping :lol: . I prefer to be around my mom and little sister, but I can enjoy being around all my family members.

:D


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 6 Aug 2017
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 30
Location: US (pacific northwest)

14 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm

my family is very difficult but that's more them than me

i get irritated and tired if i spend too long around friends


_________________
「 if you're going through hell, keep going. 」


Phrygian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
Location: Denmark

14 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

I rarely see my family, they live too far away. I like spending time with my friends, but get drained after a while.



Voxish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 371
Location: England

14 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

My extended family, I see a few times a year. I walk in, drink tea and leave 30 minutes if I can get away with it, and an hour if I can't. My sister has just tried to arrange another family get together, no chance. I love my children, of course, I do, I just find talking to them difficult sometimes, I just run out of things to talk about and I become a bore and then I just want to be on my own (this is when I find being autistic is just a little... I could do without it)

I have my sister in law coming this weekend, tomorrow as it happens and there is no way out. I will try to spend as little time with her as I can and try to keep busy. She does not know I am on the spectrum and I am not going to tell her so I am going to be polite, keep my mouth shut and keep out of the way as much as is humanly possible. Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


_________________
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder (Level 1)
AQ: 42
RAADS-R: 160
BBC: Radio 4


Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,147
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

14 Sep 2017, 3:54 pm

I may have been in shock more or less constantly until I tried living alone. My family was like four strangers living together, except the two NTs (dad and sis) seemed to have something in common. Now, I have one friend I can spend lots of time with, although we rarely do. For all others, averaging over an hour a day ruins my sleep and my days. If there is any conflict to resolve, just minutes will do it.



StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,154
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

14 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 566
Location: With The Sailor Guardians

14 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.


Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)


_________________
Just an unusual and eccentric autistic Lego here!
Happiness in others make me happy. Especially women, I care about them. :)

If you are interested in PMing me, then go ahead! ;)

I am stuck in the past, discovering all of it's secrets and information! If only there were others with me... :/

AHH... This stuff is really...FRESH!


Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,147
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

14 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.



StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,154
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.


Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)


Yeah me too! :D

I have someone over for my birthday and Halloween. Does that count? :lol:


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,154
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.


That's a really great idea actually :D .


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 566
Location: With The Sailor Guardians

14 Sep 2017, 7:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.


Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)


Yeah me too! :D

I have someone over for my birthday and Halloween. Does that count? :lol:


xD Yeah, that counts.


_________________
Just an unusual and eccentric autistic Lego here!
Happiness in others make me happy. Especially women, I care about them. :)

If you are interested in PMing me, then go ahead! ;)

I am stuck in the past, discovering all of it's secrets and information! If only there were others with me... :/

AHH... This stuff is really...FRESH!


StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 13
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,154
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

14 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.


Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.


Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)


Yeah me too! :D

I have someone over for my birthday and Halloween. Does that count? :lol:


xD Yeah, that counts.


Yay! :D


_________________
Special Interests: Stampy Cat, Autism, and AGT
Feel free to PM me!


C2V
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2015
Posts: 2,283

15 Sep 2017, 2:01 am

YES. I don't have friends, but I find it increasingly extremely difficult to be around my relatives. It's just demand demand demand. Even their presence is demanding.


_________________
Alexithymia - 147 points.
Low-Verbal.