Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 11:15 am

Do any of you have trouble spending time with your family or friends?

Curious as always :D,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 14, 2017)

If you are interested in PMing me, you are welcome to do so anytime. :D

Stuck in the past, discovering all of its secrets and information! If only there were others with me...

AHH...! This stuff is really...FRESH!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

It can be a pain in the tushey.....

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:10 pm

I can see my friends during school, but I absolutely detest seeing them outside of school for some reason (except on my birthday and Halloween). The weird thing is, I love spending time and talking with them. I think it is because school is more structured and classes give me a break from socializing, so I completely enjoy being there and it is easier for me.

As for family, I am never in my room except when I am sleeping :lol: . I prefer to be around my mom and little sister, but I can enjoy being around all my family members.

:D

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm

my family is very difficult but that's more them than me

i get irritated and tired if i spend too long around friends

Phrygian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

I rarely see my family, they live too far away. I like spending time with my friends, but get drained after a while.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

My extended family, I see a few times a year. I walk in, drink tea and leave 30 minutes if I can get away with it, and an hour if I can't. My sister has just tried to arrange another family get together, no chance. I love my children, of course, I do, I just find talking to them difficult sometimes, I just run out of things to talk about and I become a bore and then I just want to be on my own (this is when I find being autistic is just a little... I could do without it)

I have my sister in law coming this weekend, tomorrow as it happens and there is no way out. I will try to spend as little time with her as I can and try to keep busy. She does not know I am on the spectrum and I am not going to tell her so I am going to be polite, keep my mouth shut and keep out of the way as much as is humanly possible. Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

BBC: Radio 4

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:54 pm

I may have been in shock more or less constantly until I tried living alone. My family was like four strangers living together, except the two NTs (dad and sis) seemed to have something in common. Now, I have one friend I can spend lots of time with, although we rarely do. For all others, averaging over an hour a day ruins my sleep and my days. If there is any conflict to resolve, just minutes will do it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:
Anyone coming to the house is my greatest nightmare, I hate it, hate it, hate it. I would rather go to someone else's house where I have some control, after all, I can leave when I want too.

Wow that's me 8O . I hate having people over! My house is like my safe zone, not a place where I have to talk to people when I don't want to.

Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

Stuck in the past, discovering all of its secrets and information! If only there were others with me...

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

Yeah, I am like that too, I don't like having people over usually, but sometimes I do like it because I get tired of it just being my family in the house.

Yeah me too! :D

I have someone over for my birthday and Halloween. Does that count? :lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I have a "traffic light" at my door, to indicate when I'm available. If you knock on red, you don't get to come back even on green.

That's a really great idea actually :D .

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

xD Yeah, that counts.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Voxish wrote:

xD Yeah, that counts.

Yay! :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 2:01 am

YES. I don't have friends, but I find it increasingly extremely difficult to be around my relatives. It's just demand demand demand. Even their presence is demanding.