Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chief__
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2009, 3:43 am

Mine was cartoon animation,i mean animation history and watching,2 years ago...

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2009, 4:43 am

My last big obsession was about collecting information for a world demographics database I was creating for future use traveling abroad (ie. average longevity, popular foods, local etiquette, health and crime stats and risks, per capita income, plus weather averages, etc.).

INTJ.

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2009, 4:59 am

LinnaeusCat wrote:
My last big obsession was about collecting information for a world demographics database I was creating for future use traveling abroad (ie. average longevity, popular foods, local etiquette, health and crime stats and risks, per capita income, plus weather averages, etc.).

Wow that sounds really interesting. How big did the database get?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 4:59 am

My last big obsession was the UK 70s Punk Movement. The thing that brought that on, was that I was dummped by a person of society as a friend, and than he was trying to get me back into maintream society, after the fact. I rebelled and said, "Screw that!" That was a sign that something was terribly wrong. I was going to go back to my local mental health office, a month before "The Change", but my mum said, "Langely Mental Health...ahh...you hated that place!" If I would have gone back there, I would have never became an angry, cynical punk, complete with spiked hair and leather.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:22 am

I wish that I would have never gotten to that point. I can't believe that nobody got me admitted into the psych ward at my local hospital.

liriaren
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2009, 6:10 am

Most of my big obssessions can be lumped in one category: Anime. The rest are in a category that can't be mentioned in polite company~

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 6:19 am

LinnaeusCat wrote:

The World Bank's World Development Indicators (WDI) is a huge database of socioeconomic indicators about many countries. You have to pay for acess (I guess US$ 50). You might consider checking it out.

My current obsession is collecting comics (independent, Brazilian comics, miniseries) and the last obsession was CD collecting (heavy metal and focus on new wave of British heavy metal)...

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2009, 6:27 am

Well all my obsessions are pretty big, it's just in terms now of how long they lasted.
And the longest to date being dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, having lasted 5 1/2 years.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:11 am

My last big obsession is currently ongoing- the YouTube series "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?" If you mean what was the last obsession that is no longer my primary special interest, that would be A Beautiful Mind.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

i have permanent fixations like music and conceptual patterns, but as for temporary obsessions i would think that my last one (that is still not dead) is achieving the highest quality flight sim videos on youtube.

i think i have achieved the best quality fsx videos on youtube, but i have little imagination as to what flights to record. by "quality" i mean "crispness of image" and "fluency of motion".
fluency of motion is what i was obsessed with and i attained good results, but now i can not imagine what will be entertaining to people on youtube.

i made the tools but i have no artistic idea of how to entertain people with the tools.
whatever.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:57 pm

I've loved birds to the extreme for 17 years.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 2:31 pm

beside gaming i recently picked up medical restraints obession and cant help it :?

Horse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2009, 3:29 pm

Growing mushrooms. You shoulda seen my setup. I'm into physics nowadays though.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2009, 4:20 pm

satirical political tv series- 'the thick of it' (and the film of the series, 'in the loop').
the best swearig ive ever ever seen. i slightly want to marry malc and jamie- is that wrong???

before that, read harry potter books for up to ten hours a day for baout 4 months. and no other books. on rotation, not because im really really really slow reader. i can quote if you like?

jamie macdonald discussing builders/superheroes. like that though shorter, she scares taller men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBW7dCvmMxI

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:35 pm

Before I became obsessed with SpongeBob SquarePants, my biggest obsession was The Fairly OddParents! :D

SpongeBobRocksMao!

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2009, 5:41 pm

sefer wrote:
LinnaeusCat wrote:

Wow that sounds really interesting. How big did the database get?

11593 records in total. :)

INTJ.