Seeing things out of the corner of your eyes...

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 May 2010, 5:32 am

I experience this too. Also I've noticed that before it happens I get this kind of disconnected feeling, like I'm standing next to myself (I know it's weird!) and then after I see it, it's like I'm back standing within myself but I get this really heavy sensation like the gravity on earth is suddenly a bit stronger. It seems like moving takes a bit more effort than before the whole thing started and I catch myself for several hours afterwards, just standing somewhere realizing that I've been staring into space for who knows how long.

Once I started to believe that I was being abducted by aliens but now I don't know why this happens, no one seems to. :?

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 6:03 am

I get this sometimes. It creeps me out, but it's often just my arm or leg moving around. Or those lights you get from looking at bright light for a while. But sometimes it isn't.

greej
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2010, 9:00 am

constantly. it was especially creepy after one of my cats died, and i kept seeing her in the corner of my eye. that lasted for at least a year.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 5:36 pm

Peripheral vision

---

http://www.nora.cc/

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:29 pm

Shadow people always at the edge of your sight? Happens more often than you'd think. But I don't know if it's anything paranormal related or just something odd with the eyes or brain doing that.

Fun fact though: your retina at your periphery vision is more sensitive than at dead center. Your center retina wears out faster in life than at the periphery edges so you can sometimes see things at the edge of vision better than by looking directly at them. Try looking at a starry night sky and you'll usually see more stars at the periphery of your vision. Too bad the lens of the eye can't focus on the periphery though. It's probably also an evolutionary trait too for detecting motion at the edge of sight.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:38 pm

I have that problem, and don't like it. I makes it hard for me to go to sleep sometimes, because part of my mind is also paranoid. It usualy looks like a ghostly person. When my fetigue is much worse, I see birds swooping down infront of me. I'm starting to see dots in my vision without being tired.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:44 pm

Sometimes I see the dark shadow of a man's body, out of the corners of my eyes. I'll look again, and I don't see anything.

Mr_Sensitive
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2010, 6:55 pm

I do see shadowy blobs in my peripheral vision from time to time. Not scary, but often annoying. I'll also see what looks like shooting stars for lack of a better way to describe it every now and again

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2010, 7:55 pm

I have this problem too, but I know most of the time what I see is not real, It's quite entertaining to be honest.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 7:39 am

Do any of you who notice this also have trouble reading black text on white paper?

By simply doing what they are designed to do something large and magnificient happens. In this sense they show us how to live; The only barometer you have is your heart. When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way. - John Laroche