Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:30 pm

I love Robin Willians when he did the Genie in Aladdin and Aladdin and the King of Thieves. But I don't know if he does. He contributed a lot to the movie. The first scene, with the peddlar, that was actually improvised by him. They had a whole pile of stuff, and he would kind of make stuff up for each item. They were actually just stuff from the thrift shop down the street. :lol: Then he gave the animators a lot of visual ideas, too, with his imitations and stuff. When Genie turns into Pinocchio, that was actually Robin. When Eric was listening to the it, they weren't sure what it was, but it reminded them of something, until they realized that it was Pinocchio. Something like that. And as Disney owned the character, they decided to use it. I think he adlibbed a total of 26 hours. Calling Aladdin 'Al', that was also his idea. :D Meeting Robin was one the things Scott liked most about working on the movie, but it wasn't easy, as sometimes he was laughing so hard, he ruined some of the recordings. I'd better stop right there.

What I do know, is I highly doubt Kaiser Wilhelm II had AS. He hid his arm because it was deformed. It was an accident at his birth. Plus, it affected him when he learned to ride, as it affected his balance, or something. It was probably more that it affected his self esteem.

As for Asimov, some of his characters do strike me as possibly having AS. Janov Pelorat from Foundation and Earth, definitely. His interest in mythology and stuff, and how he begins listing facts about it when he talks. And Fastolfe, Daneel, and Giskard, wanting to find out the Laws of Humanics to understand people. The Spacer worlds, the societies on Trantor in Prelude to Foundation. I'm reading his autobiography, and when he mentions his son, he does sound to me like he has some autistic qualities.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

superboyian wrote:

That list is deeply problematic on so many levels. The author seems to ignore historical context and any other conditions the person might have had and assumes that any idiosyncrasies are the result of Asperger's. I'd pick apart the article, but I don't really feel like wading through that much BS right now. Maybe some other time. -_-

What pisses me off about that article is that there are a lot of awesome people who actually are on the autistic spectrum, but the author just chooses a bunch of random famous people and cherry-picks their quirks.

Last edited by Delirium on 03 Jun 2010, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

I don't need to look at a list of successful or celebrated people to feel like I have self-worth. I already know I can do great things. I would rather be proud of who I am and what I have done than to admire people who have succeeded in spite of what we can only guess about them.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 2:47 am

No way! His social skills and mannerism are to NT.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:27 am

PunkyKat wrote:
No way! His social skills and mannerism are to NT.

Meh, I think a lot of people just think of Aspies as being more reserved, not always the case. I am reserved by nature and I turn into a different person around other people when I'm nervous. If you really watch him in interviews you can see that the interviewer can't get a word in edge wise while he's going off on of his tangents. If you look closely at his expressions he kind of seems like he's struggling to understand the situation or he's a little nervous also. All of the interviews I've seen with him have been chaos, he doesn't seem especially aware of his surroundings.

He also seems like he just soaks up a lot of information and is scripting most of the time, he struggles when asked direct questions, he can be hilarious but his humor isn't exactly relatable or relevant to the situation.. I could analyze him til the cows come home, really, I just wondered if he had actually come out and commented on these rumors or not.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 5:12 am

robin williams is extremely hairy. he even has thick bristles emanating from his nostrils sometimes (when they are not addressed by the make up department).

he makes me feel itchy to watch so i do not like him.
i wonder whether he has fleas.