Why do neurotypicals become stupid as they enter adulthood?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

RetNet56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2010, 3:02 pm

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2010, 3:08 pm

by the time an NT reaches adulthood, their life is largely occupied by social encounters.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 3:27 pm

That's kind of a stereotype, but I guess it could be applied to 65% of the adult NT population. It's not so much that they're stupid, but they're caught up in their ways, and those ways are how their parent's taught them. Some manage to remember, "Hey, life is a learning experience," but the random as*hole is, "Oh, i shouldn't have to do that." Trust me, it's the whole "Shouldn't have to" attitude that is the real reason behind social collapse. Or, as my sister in law calls the mindset, "It's ok, it's all about them, not the bigass world around them." The social encounters contribute a bit too, which then leads to a mob mentality (trust me, someone calculated a mob's IQ, and the result is scary . . . it's like we can become dumber the more numbers we have).

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2010, 3:35 pm

Can you be more specific?

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2010, 3:42 pm

They don't become stupid as they enter adulthood.

RetNet56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2010, 3:58 pm

SilverPikmin wrote:

Oh, they drink and drive, pour hot coffee on themselves intentionally in order to sue the coffee shop etc. NT adults are often some pretty disgusting individuals.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:04 pm

RetNet56 wrote:

I kinda disagree with the question, not everyone would become stupid as they enter adulthood.

Most of the times, they have been going through puberty when they were in their teens and do pretty strange things while growing up and some of them don't realize that they are adults, this pretty much goes for a few people but not all.

It depends really if they want to do something in life or not?

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

It has been my experience that most NT's don't really like to learn new things once they are an adult. They just want to socialize, work, and relax. It seems as though a large part of their daily life is just talking about what they do, people they know do, or famous people do. All they are concerned with is other NT activities and little else.

I love learning new things, generally relating to my interests, but in many cases even if it is not something I'm interested in new information is welcome if it is intriguing or relevant.

The universe is such a big place, and I love learning how and why it all works, and what all is out there. As such, I find the daily lives of people to be largely irrelevant and unimportant. Where as to NT's that is all that is important. Most of them couldn't care less about anything that doesn't affect them, or other NT's, directly.

Now before anyone says, "I don't think that's true at all, etc." pay attention to the wording of my first sentence. I said, "it has been my experience..." meaning what I have said is true of the people I know and have met. So, if that is not your experience that is fine, but it doesn't mean I am incorrect.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:28 pm

I don't share that world view on the question that the OP asked.

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:33 pm

Generalizing gets us nowhere.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:35 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't share that world view on the question that the OP asked.

And I thank you for it, dear Kinks fan :heart:

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:39 pm

RetNet56 wrote:
SilverPikmin wrote:

Oh, they drink and drive, pour hot coffee on themselves intentionally in order to sue the coffee shop etc. NT adults are often some pretty disgusting individuals.

Do you like when people stereotype aspies based on things some of them, a minority, do?

Because that's what you are doing here to NTs. They don't all drink and drive. And the spilling coffee thing... a small minority. (And do you even have anyway to know those are NTs? Maybe some sort of mental difference causes them to do that.) As for being disgusting, well, aspies can be disgusting too. No monopoly there for the NTs.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:44 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
That's kind of a stereotype, but I guess it could be applied to 65% of the adult NT population. It's not so much that they're stupid, but they're caught up in their ways, and those ways are how their parent's taught them. Some manage to remember, "Hey, life is a learning experience," but the random as*hole is, "Oh, i shouldn't have to do that." Trust me, it's the whole "Shouldn't have to" attitude that is the real reason behind social collapse. Or, as my sister in law calls the mindset, "It's ok, it's all about them, not the bigass world around them." The social encounters contribute a bit too, which then leads to a mob mentality (trust me, someone calculated a mob's IQ, and the result is scary . . . it's like we can become dumber the more numbers we have).

Thanks for this answer, which both explains the question and gives and answer, and seems to make sense too.

Invincible
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

RetNet56 wrote:

Have you seen today's culture?

Mind numbing music, one-sided news stories, more concern over who won the NBA Championship rather than the leak in the Gulf of Mexico and the list just keeps piling up.

The truth is... NT's keep becoming more ignorant, more self-absorbed, more immaterial, etc. as each day passes. Hell, look at the crap that's on MTV these days. Nothing but shows... no music, unless you want to surf Youtube for them. Another case in point... Disney. Most of their teenage female stars grow up to be the next Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus or Lindsay Lohan. What's worse is that most of the girls think it's cool to look up to people like that.

The boys just hit Cartoon Network and watch those destruction reality shows. I mean, what's so great about destroying something you made. Hell, they even imitate moves they see on pro wrestling and MMA and they think it's cool to emulate that?

If anyone's ever seen the live-action Josie and the Pussycats movie, it's just one big joke at how pop culture is.

So fellow aliens, that's my rant about why NT's become stupid as they become older.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

RetNet56 wrote:

The stupidity fairy flies down the chimney and hits them with her rhythm stick. Hits them, hits them, hits them.

The year is still young.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 5:16 pm

RetNet56 wrote:

I don't think this is an NT thing to be perfectly honest with you. I've generally noticed that children hit a point somewhere around 11 where they are generally pleasant, respectful, self secure, relatively trustworthy (as far as humans go anyway) and good intentioned....and then they enter puberty and things go downhill rather quickly.

I think most of the ills of the world can be blamed on sex hormones. Most people who have had pets, both spayed/neutered and un-spayed/neutered will usually attest to the fact that they are much more pleasant when they are "fixed", so I don't see any reason why humans should be any different.

The world would probably be a much better place if we "fixed" people, but I wouldn't want to deprive most people of having the chance to have at least one child.