'Good' Bacteria Ease Autism-like Behaviors in Mouse Model

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 4:07 pm

Article posted on Autism Speaks December 5th 2013:

http://www.autismspeaks.org/science/sci ... ouse-model

I just went over there to find some contact info to share the link to the thread in my signature and see if anyone there is interested in discussing it, as sadly people here either think I'm lying or playing a prank and neither could be further from the truth.

Anyways, while this article isn't super detailed... it's pretty much describing EXACTLY what I've experienced and shared with you all here. There you have it, further proof that I'm not BSing any of you. Feel free to discuss and/or contact me privately if you wish to ask/discuss/debate anything about this.

Cheers,
Richard

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm

It is interesting research and a quite possible non-genetic part of what is going on. I just think you went beyond what is supported by the research.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm

There are major projects in the UK, Canada and the US (including Imperial College London University) looking at the gut bacterial link to autism.

It's not clearly understood the contribution of gut bacteria toward developmental disorders in children but the consensus is that it's been underestimated in the past.

This seems to fly in the face of scientific skepticism over diet.

Another interesting observation is the impact of plastic bottled water. Many parents nowadays give their kids filtered or bottled water which contains BPA (Bisphenol-A) which in rats also induces autism like behavior (especially sensitivity to loud noise)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 4:58 pm

The OP appears to be using the article as a platform to relaunch discussion of his locked topic. It is against the site rules to restart a locked topic. However, if someone wants to create a topic that is actually about the bacteria article feel free.

Edit: A new thread about the article has been created here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt246763.html