What does your yearbook say about you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 3:17 am

I don't know how this works in other countries, but here everybody gets a few lines written about themselves underneath their photo. So my primary school yearbook said this (this is a translation into English; it actually rhymes in the original):

A nice kid
who likes to be alone
and loves animals
with all his heart

(Animals was my special interest back then - it still is, to some extent.)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 3:22 am

My school made yearbooks, but you had to pay £20 (about $30 at the moment) to buy one, which I thought was an utter rip-off for something I don't actually want.

However, we all had to write our own profiles for it, which had our name, picture, a quote, and what we wanted to do in the future. For the latter, I put "become the richest person in the world."

And I intend to do just that.

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2010, 4:22 am

There is nothing written under mine and I don't own the yearbook. But I got two CD of recording we did with the harmony and Jazz band of the high school, much better then a yearbook if you ask me.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:37 am

For me, on the "most likely to" list, I was:

"Olympia is most likely to become a train driver"

This was because I used to recite things like all the stations from London Waterloo to Guildford.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:56 am

I stopped getting my photo taken at school my last two years of school year book photos said was abscent day of photo. I did get asked to sign a lot of year books which I thought it was strange. One bully asked me to sign his year book so I wrote "Thank you for not touching my penis this year!" :lol: He said thanks my mom is going to read this, so I said no problem then walked away. :P One guy I wrote "You are a piece of s**t, but thats why I like to be seen with you, it made me look better when I was around you." and I wrote that for friend who was mean to everybody. Believe it or not he loved it. :roll:

Last edited by Todesking on 01 Jul 2010, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:57 am

Mine says "Cheeeeese"
Don't ask why.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:13 pm

We didn't have yearbooks, but I appeared in the gallery Best Students many times.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:14 pm

"unavailable for photo"

Tomapella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can read binary and those who can't" :nerdy:

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 2:52 pm

I looked back at my Grade 6 and Grade 8 year books....omg...i was scary 8O

I look more like a possessed person then a human, I'm standing perfectly straight, eyes blank, and face straight while everyone else is smiling and relaxing.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

Mine doesn't say anything because I forgot to get what I wanted on it turned in on time. :(

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 4:51 pm

i never got a yearbook, they were about $75 a piece, no way would i pay that kind of money for pictures of people who tortured me for many years. i never had school photos senior year, i never had the opportunity, i always left for vocational (half day college program for juniors and seniors) 30 minutes before school actually started. (kids on the voc, bus were animals so i took the transit bus to get there0

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 4:54 pm

Probably that I never existed. I never bought the stupid thing anyway. My school wasn't in america :S

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 4:58 pm

well looking at the odd looks the four people who pic around mines gave mines. it scream oh crap this crazy chick. is for ever next to us lol. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 4:59 pm

My yearbook said, in 1993

Good bye! I'm out of here!

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:08 pm

Mine has one person signing it saying that they think I'm having "the same psychotic episode" as them (which they started saying to me after I shut down in front of them and couldn't speak). Another one referred to me as "the odd and slightly crazy one" or something.