Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:44 am

This is a situation that everyone deals with.

How do you deal with all these situations?

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:47 am

:shrug:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:05 am

Well, I was thinking I have certainly been in that situation and I think most people have, yet here I sit unscathed so I guess it just passes eventually. Not that that makes it any less uncomfortable while it's happening.

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:45 am

Cost benefit analysis - unless you're talking about something theoretical there are rarely two options that have equal outcomes, even if both are negative.

Brija
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2010, 9:01 am

Hmmm... obsess and cry for a week or 2 then it slowly goes away and I can move on. :oops:

That's in a more severe situation. If it's nothing really bad then I get angry and probably would think that whatever I did in the situation was right and I had a right to feel or do what I did. :)

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:07 am

Go with the one that will cost you less damage or matches better with your set of ethics... :?

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

I suppose it depend on what I do or don't do. In some aspects of life, there's simply no way to win. Example: arguing politics, religion.

On a personal note, an ex was always mad that I didn't tell him my feelings or problems. However, the times I did say what was on my mind, he didn't want to hear it. Of course, that one of the big reasons he's an ex. :wink:

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:35 am

i usually end up in this situation. because of my strangeness- ill be damned if i do do something(by ending up uncomfortable or freaking out etc), but because of peoples expectations of me to be normal- ill be damned if i dont do something(because theyll get angry at me for not being normal or acting how they expect). if that makes sense.

i guess im just damned :shrug:

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

"living in a catch 22" I cant get a date because i lack social skills, i lack social skills because i never had a date.

does that sound like anybody?

"No-Win situation"

"Zero-sum game"

"Divide by zero" ...oh shhhii.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

Shrug and move on. Snot my problem. It's theirs.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Switch off all emotions and barrel forward with the knowledge that somehow I can fix it later :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 2:23 pm

If making the effort isn't worth it, why make it in the first place? In that situation, take the easy way out.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 2:53 pm

When I am put in a position like that, I go with what I believe is the right thing to do. Often times this ends up being the option that causes the least amount of damage.

violetchild
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2010, 3:16 pm

I dont deal with those situations, It leaves me completely undecisive and unable to make a choice... so then I end up trying to ignore the situation and will do nothing.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:23 pm

violetchild wrote:
I dont deal with those situations, It leaves me completely undecisive and unable to make a choice... so then I end up trying to ignore the situation and will do nothing.

sounds familiar

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 4:00 am

thanks for your posts peoples