Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 11:46 am

ellomo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I've written songs and poetry from the music in my head. What's that they say about artists? hehe

I'd like to be able to play an instrument. I've never tried.

I've been considering buying a saxophone and trying to copy what I can hear in my head. I like the sax days the most :D

Peace ellomo

I've tried the piano before. When I could get my fingers to cooperate, I was pretty good. It was rare, though.

Wind instruments fascinate me but I could never quite get the breathing right. If you don't breathe right, you get winded fairly fast.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 11:53 am

Yeah, I get this too. Mostly from engines or constant sounds. I used to get it in the subway in New York as the trains went by. Sometimes, with droning engines, it sounds like the music is just behind the drone. So I'll listen to it very closely. It's always quite beautiful.

Computerwizkid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2010, 10:55 pm

wow really i have done this to when i did have a job working in the stock room behind the soda racks i thought i heard a choir music sorry if i spelt that wrong i have been up at my friends house for about two weeks and we have drank nothing but root bear so i am kinda off to night.

usually though mine is just music that stays in my head from earlier to but i hear it outside my head if that is what you mean

captain_anarchy64
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm

Sometimes after I play a song on my computer through my headphones I hear a high pitched noise.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:01 pm

yea i did

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:43 pm

happymusic wrote:
Yeah, I get this too. Mostly from engines or constant sounds. I used to get it in the subway in New York as the trains went by. Sometimes, with droning engines, it sounds like the music is just behind the drone. So I'll listen to it very closely. It's always quite beautiful.

Some of the industrial and dark ambient music I listen to has this quality to it. Behind all this brooding noise there's this beautiful melody, just barely there in the background. Sometimes the shifts in tone are so subtle / gradual that your imagination can almost play with it and hear different things.

I also can get this kind of effect if I listen to far away music. I can imagine something else adding to the sound.

Caveman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2010, 9:02 am

I am often still up at two or three o'clock in the morning. At that time, when everything else is very quiet, I hear classical music & have never been able to work out where it comes from. I have thought it must come from someone else in the neighbourhood but if I walk outside to investigate that doesn't seem to be the case. At times I feel as though I'm losing my mind.

labnjab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2010, 9:21 am

Thank you everyone for your honesty and helping me see I'm not alone. I'm glad I found this site, everyone is so helpful. I'm just glad I'm not losing my mind and w lot of the things I do I'm not the only one.

Your Aspie score: 187 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
This keeps getting higher everytime I take it :/

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 9:47 am

Not musak topic

I have experienced this in the shower. It is very pleasant. :D

Keeps me going back. I am a clean person. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

johnnyrook
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2010, 11:45 am

I often get music lodged in my head, or if I have been around a certain person a lot I get their voice lodged in my head too. If I have done a lot of a certain activity which produces a specific sound then that will get stuck in my head too.

This morning I got the Doo Ron Ron song in my head. I have no idea when I heard this last :)

I wanted to ask if anyone else gets this: if I lay in bed before going to sleep, and if I am relaxed and there are no other stimuli, I can experiment with sound by repeating a single sound in my head forming a rhythm. I can then add other repeating sounds to that, so that they fit into that same rhythm, gradually building it up into music. I reckon a lot of the sounds are fragments of sounds that I have heard before, sometimes it can be a single fragment of a sentence that someone has said, which I can then turn into a sound.

Sometimes it happens spontaneously (this used to happen a lot when I was a kid) or I can have a measure of control over it. It is very emotional and I am usually exhausted by the time it finishes.

Anyone else get that?

PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Sep 2010, 3:15 am

Kuma wrote:
It is the brain making patterns out of chaos. The same thing happens out at sea. The random sounds make patterns that can be made out to be voices or music. Many a sailor of olden days believed to have heard sirens and such. I have heard many a voice from the ocean and many a song from random noise.

i sometimes hear "music" as well f.ex. from engines, hoovers etc., but i have to be relaxed or not really listening to it, the music kind of emerges from the original noise and detaches itself from it, do i make sense, :? .

i wonder whether it has to do with overtones:
http://www.overtone.cc/video/what-are-overtones

here is an interesting demonstration, bear with it until he starts to sing, it's in german, but the english subtitles are of good quality.

tomhead
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2010, 3:16 am

I've always heard music in exhaust fans, air conditioners, etc. Assumed it was normal rather than autism-spectrum stuff, but maybe it isn't. Hmmm...

Cheers,

TH

PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Sep 2010, 3:17 am

johnnyrook wrote:
I wanted to ask if anyone else gets this: if I lay in bed before going to sleep, and if I am relaxed and there are no other stimuli, I can experiment with sound by repeating a single sound in my head forming a rhythm. I can then add other repeating sounds to that, so that they fit into that same rhythm, gradually building it up into music. I reckon a lot of the sounds are fragments of sounds that I have heard before, sometimes it can be a single fragment of a sentence that someone has said, which I can then turn't into a sound.

Sometimes it happens spontaneously (this used to happen a lot when I was a kid) or I can have a measure of control over it. It is very emotional and I am usually exhausted by the time it finishes.

Anyone else get that?

Isn't that called "composing", :wink: .

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 9:25 am

I have episodes, where I hear music that isn't there. It could be in the middle of the night, or when I'm in a mellow mood, as I walk somewhere.

jpfudgeworth
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2010, 4:52 pm

I get songs stuck in my head frequently, which I think it pretty typical. Since I was young there have been several times when I heard clear, loud music that was not there. I badly wish that I could turn it on whenever I want.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2010, 2:40 am

Yes. Whenever I hear this large fan I start to hear a song from a game. And sometimes when I think about a song when I'm trying to fall asleep I can sometimes hear it a little.