An Aspie brain is like a superhighway!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 5:30 am

An Aspie brain is like a superhighway--it can be very quick when for doing certain tasks--just like a superhighway is great for going from one place to another--if the highway is designed for those particular locations! It isn't very good if you have to constantly get on and off the freeway (multitasking). Ugly meltdowns are like accidents which close down a freeway for hours. An Aspie misses a lot of details traveling through life on his superhighway brain--he only remembers towns as names and numbers on a big signs. He gets lost easily.

A NT has a much different brain--no superhighways--just a large collection of tiny roads. This is great for multitasking--he is constantly stopping and getting the scenic view of where he has been, whether he wants to our not. It is slow and inefficient, but he learns a lot details, and can remember every town by what it looks like (remembering names and faces). While he never gets anywhere fast, he never has a meltdown, as there is always an alternate road to take. He rarely gets lost, as his brain is filled with little details of where he has been.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 5:49 am

That's a very good description, of the differences, between the two brains. Fhat explains, why I'm lightyears ahead of the rest of my family, when it comes, to thinking, before talking, and thinking about feelings.

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2010, 6:42 am

mine is a little village dead end with lots of messy bushes to get lost and confused in.

Julian94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2010, 9:19 am

But what about the ones with these layouts. hehe

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 12:16 pm

Highways are confusing. :?

Focusing on a single obsessive task is more like a log plume ride. Swoosh!

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 2:21 pm

I'm pretty sure some NTs have a highway brain too. :lol: (Well, it all depends on what you call a NT)

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 2:50 pm

My mind feels like a gofer on that hiway

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 3:44 pm

Julian94 wrote:
But what about the ones with these layouts. hehe

:lol: