I missed my gt granddaughter's 2nd birthday on Sunday

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:29 am

I had the runs that day, but said I hoped that would clear up . In the end I didn't go .My stepdaughter said the next day she hadn't phoned to tell me she'd come and get me as she thought a room full of young children and their mum's would be too hard for me to handle .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

I hope you go to her 3rd birthday.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 8:36 am

I am very reliant on my stepdaughter coming and getting me in such a situation . I have no doubt she'll weigh up the pros and cons .

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2019, 11:21 pm

That is too bad. I hope you are feeling better now. Hopefully they will send you lots of pictures.

Wreck It Ralph

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 5:43 am

firemonkey wrote:
I had the runs that day, but said I hoped that would clear up . In the end I didn't go .My stepdaughter said the next day she hadn't phoned to tell me she'd come and get me as she thought a room full of young children and their mum's would be too hard for me to handle .

s**t happens
Sorry I could not resist.

It should be up to you to decide what you can handle.

At two years old she is not going to remember never mind hold a grudge over who was not there. All she cared about is there were people giving me presents singing songs and playing with me.

If you drop by next weekend and give her your gift she will just be happy she is getting attention and a gift from you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 7:09 am

I saw her today with her mum,nanny and friend of her nanny . She's becoming a right little chatterbox . She has to be one of the happiest toddlers(Is 2 toddler age?) that I've known .

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 8:26 pm

That is sweet!

Wreck It Ralph

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 8:34 pm

She's a brave little girl too. Has been in hospital a few times with what is probably asthma , but they don't like to definitively call it that her age. Her mum said tonight that she's poorly . Asthma runs in the family. My wife had quite bad eczema , and when that stopped the asthma kicked in . I've heard that's not at all unusual .

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 8:36 pm

That is too bad. Asthma can be horrible. Are asthma and excema related in any way? Now that I think of it, they could actually be.

Wreck It Ralph

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm

skibum wrote:
That is too bad. Asthma can be horrible. Are asthma and excema related in any way? Now that I think of it, they could actually be.

'Atopic triad'

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and ... opic-triad

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 8:49 pm

firemonkey wrote:
skibum wrote:

'Atopic triad'

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and ... opic-triad

Ah! Understood. Thank you for the link.

Wreck It Ralph