Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2004, 11:36 pm

I've gotten the Post Holiday Blues my whole life. Before I was in my Teens, I got them after every Holiday. Christmas, Easter, Summer Vacation and even Halloween. Now I only get the Post Holiday Blues after Christmas. I wish that there was an acceptible way of dealing with those emotions. I don't want to sulk, or even cry like I did up until Last Year. I must find a different way of dealing with the Post Holiday Blues. Does anybody have any solutions?

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2004, 12:07 am

I've never gotten the "Post Holiday Blues" before, but I am in a near constant state of dysthymia to begin with. Maybe instead of wondering how to deal with this sadness, you should be wondering why you are sad after a major holiday.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2004, 5:15 am

I used to get this- but now I get the post-holiday hugh sigh of relief :D Christmas is so stressful that I'm glad when its over. I love seeing the kids so excited when they get all their presents, but the compulsary visiting really gets to me. And the number of things I have to sort out before hand completely stresses me out- I'm glad I don't need to think about that anymore.

Mel

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2004, 11:45 am

I've been reading another thread and I think I've figured out the reasons for my After Christmas Blues. I'll try buying gifts and Gift Certificates throughout the year. Than I can have all of December to myself to listen to my Christmas CDs and watch Christmas Movies. I hope this will work.