Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:45 pm

I'm 26 years old.........I'm toilet trained and can feed myself but I live at home and my mom makes my dinner every night........I watch children's cartoons and I twirl a string in front of my face while watching them. I still think of myself as a child..........and people are always shocked when they find out my age............because I act immature? So....do I count as an adult baby?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 12:21 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
I'm 26 years old.........I'm toilet trained and can feed myself but I live at home and my mom makes my dinner every night........I watch children's cartoons and I twirl a string in front of my face while watching them. I still think of myself as a child..........and people are always shocked when they find out my age............because I act immature? So....do I count as an adult baby?

Only if you wear diapers and use bottles and pacifiers or have desires for a crib and other baby items and playing with baby toys.

Incontinence doesn't count if you have to wear them for that reason. Same as if you wear diapers alone for no medical need.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 2:04 am

babybuggy32 wrote:
does anyone know why some people with autism are like children in adult bodies? i dont quite understand it. i enjoy goofing off and having fun but most of it would be considered age appropriate. yet some people with aspergers (or possibly high functioning autism) function on the level of a toddler playing with baby blocks and stuff (also wearing diapers and being spoon fed) is this a symptom common of aspergers? none of my aspie friends are quite like that. i would assume this is much mor common in low functioning individuals?

I did read somewhere that there is a neurological link apropos incontinence and autism. Back in school many of the profoundly autistic children wore diapers all ages but it should not be a thought that it is common for autistic people to be wearing them as incontinence is totally a separate condition. For example I am HFA diagnosed and incontinent. Every person is in some way different.

voyage-one
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2011, 2:32 am

Classic adult children case: Cokehead clubbers who get drunk and act like morons every weekend

Haelo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm

Can't think of anyone with Asperger's I've known that was in a diaper or being spoon fed. Sure Asperger's is not what's wrong with them in that case. I can only think of two low functioning kids I knew that were in diapers. Though, yeah I've known kids with Asperger's that were in high school that were immature and threw temper fits, though that was the result of being spoiled by their parents, this I know from what one of these kids shadows told me.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:11 pm

I have felt naïve all my life and to boot I look much younger then I am...I always felt like a child around people my age. I felt most comfortable around old people and older adults, got along with them very well. No spoon feeding for me tho :D

Even the most low functioning autistics write beautifully and possess the same thoughts and feeling and intelligence as your average being...it's the problem of mental retardation being thrown into the mix sometimes... Mental retardation and Autism are very different things.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:22 pm

League_Girl wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:

Only if you wear diapers and use bottles and pacifiers or have desires for a crib and other baby items and playing with baby toys.

Incontinence doesn't count if you have to wear them for that reason. Same as if you wear diapers alone for no medical need.

:lol: nope.....no diapers or bottles or cribs.....just children's cartoons and books and a lack of full independence and responsibility.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:

:lol: nope.....no diapers or bottles or cribs.....just children's cartoons and books and a lack of full independence and responsibility.

You sound like me, daydreamer84.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:22 am

voyage-one wrote:
Classic adult children case: Cokehead clubbers who get drunk and act like morons every weekend

No, children are not that stupid.
Trust me, I've known dozens of them.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:43 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:

You're not an adult baby then.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:48 am

Well autism is a developmental disorder, who goes along with developmental delay in a lot of areas.

I also sometimes have "childish behaviour", but not like a child in a grown up body.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

voyage-one wrote:

I don't know I thought an adult child would be like an adult that's like a child somehow and most children I know aren't cokeheads who get drunk every weekend........but maybe its just around where I live. :lol:

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:07 am

babybuggy32 wrote:
does anyone know why some people with autism are like children in adult bodies? i dont quite understand it. i enjoy goofing off and having fun but most of it would be considered age appropriate. yet some people with aspergers (or possibly high functioning autism) function on the level of a toddler playing with baby blocks and stuff (also wearing diapers and being spoon fed) is this a symptom common of aspergers? none of my aspie friends are quite like that. i would assume this is much mor common in low functioning individuals?

There are severe cases of Autism that are actually documented by the parents on youtube. One was of a young adult named Jamie, he must be early 20s now.
Yet those are very severe cases in which any tiny progress is excellent progress.

Aspergers or HFA is high functioning to begin with, so it's less likely that you'll see anyone on here typing in diapers (unless they like it like that).

The cases on youtube are sad, and the one with the young man, Jamie, is very lucky that his mother is so devoted to him, and that he has so much supports in place.

It is sad to think about all the low functioning Auties and where will they go when they reach adult age?

IMO, i think to some degree a lot of us have a lightheartedness about us that others may perceive as childlike. I still ride my bmx all over the place. I collect skateboards. I'm 30

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:12 am

I have Asperger's but I haven't worn diapers since I was 2 years old, and I haven't been spoon-fed since I was whatever age toddlers first learn to feed themselves.

I function normally like an adult, I've dressed myself from an early age and learnt to do all those things through childhood. But I am immature in other ways, like throwing tantrums (only indoors), or I can find myself mucking about with teenagers. Well, most teenage behaviour I look upon, but if a teenager likes me, I find myself getting on their level and laugh at silly things. I would never take the mickey out of other people though. I can't be doing with that nonesense.

Nathan1988
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2013, 1:09 pm

These issues are mostly found among the very low functioning end of the spectrum however there can be exceptions. Intelligence isn't the only factor in these things. Stress can cause some people to regress and stress seems to play a role in many peoples lives on the Autism spectrum. As far as being spoon fed I am guessing this is very rare. I do know of cases of incontinence being an issue (though rare) in higher functioning individuals though. In most cases of higher functioning individuals it seems to be related to internal sensory issues (i.e. not being able to fell when you need to go). individuals with these issues also have a hard time feeling other internal bodily sensations such as hunger.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKRc4a3zMg