Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2015, 1:25 am

OJani wrote:
druidsbird wrote:
Both myself and one close friend of mine are infantilists, and we are also both diagnosed on the spectrum (me Asperger's, her HFA). The infantilist community has many autistic members.

For me it is not sexual, it is just one of the coping mechanisms I developed when I was young to soothe myself when I am having difficulties. My difficulties caused me to become an infantilist, but just because my difficulties stem from AS, doesn't mean that AS causes infantilism. It is, in my opinion, just one of many ways to cope with difficulties, no matter what caused them.

So to include infantilism as a "symptom" of AS isn't accurate, but I understand why it was done. The cause-and-effect relationship still holds true.

I can relate to this. (I've read only what Wiki writes about infantilism, so I don't know much about it.)

For me it is not sexual too, I don't wear diapers, use pacifiers. I can only relate to "fantasies of a return to infancy", or to an earlier stage of my life, say 3-9 years old. It may be connected to the desire described in the text as "some fantasize about being free of guilt, responsibility, or control". I remember the time I was amids my adolescent crying over my lost childhood... I feel guilty about it, I haven't grown out of it totally after so many years... :oops:

For coping mechanism, I understand what you write, I do it sometimes, acting in a little bit childish manner, just to avoid conflicts, confrontations, or smooth the conversation.

I'm an NT and I often miss my childhood. It seems like I had more friends then, and way less pressure. But then I remember the bullies and other problems I had as a kid, and I miss it a little less.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 7:39 am

I never get infantism. I've heard that there are people who do live the life like big babies. I just don't understand how a normal, mentally stable person would want to sit around all day in diapers sucking a pacifier. Yet I feel ashamed to take my teddy bear to my boyfriend's when I stay round. And yet there are people that exist who live the life of a baby? I just don't get it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I never get infantism. I've heard that there are people who do live the life like big babies. I just don't understand how a normal, mentally stable person would want to sit around all day in diapers sucking a pacifier. Yet I feel ashamed to take my teddy bear to my boyfriend's when I stay round. And yet there are people that exist who live the life of a baby? I just don't get it.

This might help:

http://understanding.infantilism.org/

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

germanium
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2016, 11:55 pm

I myself while not into infatilism itself have on occasion worn diapers. When I was a child up until 15-16 years of age I wet the bed. I wish that my foster parents would have allowed me to wear diapers back then instead of running naked down to the ice cold creek while expose to the very public highway where every one could see my nakedness. This by the way did not stop the bed wetting as this was beyond my control. It was only after I reached full puberty that the bedwetting stopped.

Many autistic have or have had issues with urine or fecal control or both, some their whole lives. Wearing diapers for them is actually not a choice. I still have mild fecal control issues that I use enemas to treat. This help minimize the urges outside of time's a restroom is available. It doesn't stop the inappropriate urges but at least minimizes the leakage to the point that it rarely leaks enough to get on my underclothes.