Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BasilSquire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2011, 2:33 pm

TVs/Computer monitors (CRT and LCD) make a high pitched whining noise that I hear over my tinnitus. Other than that I notice all kinds fo small noises that NTs seem to have tuned out like passing vehicles, animals etc.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 3:08 pm

This is one of the reasons why I hate electronic devices. They are giving me headaches at times, and it's never quiet. I can hear if a TV is turned on, I can hear static noises from other devices, I can hear cell phone vibration rings in other rooms. I do have a tinitus because of it, which, interestingly enough, is exactly standard pitch, which made many people think I have perfect pitch (which I don't, but thanks to my tinitus, I have a really good point of reference).

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 3:43 pm

kx250rider wrote:
markitzero wrote:
ohh color nice.

I got mine for free.

I wish I still had that color one... Panasonic CT-101. I was short on funds several years ago, and sold it on eBay for $650. I'd have kept it, but I couldn't justify keeping it when I had bills due, and knowing what it was worth as a collectible.

Charles

I'm a vintage television collector and love electronics as well. I've wanted a CT-101 as well. Such beautiful sets. I have an RCA 630TS which I'm trying to restore the chassis. I have recapped it, the tuner and sound sections work, but I can't get the picture to horizontally lock. I can get a bouncy, horizontally distorted picture, but that is the best I could get it so far. I can't hear it's flyback though.

I am also working on an RCA CTC9 roundie, with "The Felton" cabinet. Tuner and sound works on it but never worked on it more.

I can hear distortion in music, I can hear modern flybacks and some switch mode power supplies but they are very quiet to me. I can hear the 60Hz hum in magnetic ballasts and other lighting circuitry. Battery chargers for cordless drill batteries make a terrible oscillating noise, I'm frequently bothered by them at work.

Not to mention loud people annoy the hell out of me.