Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2018, 7:00 am

Am I the only one?, I hate how the water goes on you and then you are all soggy and wet hair dripps.
Its just a long process and then you have to get dry.
I dread getting ready in a morning, one reason why I hated getting up when I was little.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:02 am

I have to practically be wrestled into getting in the shower because I detest that sudden drastic change in environment. But then after I adjust I enjoy the sensation. But that means I then don't want to get out. So getting me out can require as much effort as getting me in. The whole routine is pretty comical.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:07 am

I used to hate showers myself. Baths weren't so bad---but I still didn't like them that much.

When I discovered that it kept me clean, and that people stopped going "ewww!" when they were around me, I started liking showers much better---even if some of the sensations turned me off.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 8:20 am

Getting me in and out of the tub is easier.

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2018, 9:21 am

EzraS wrote:
I have to practically be wrestled into getting in the shower because I detest that sudden drastic change in environment. But then after I adjust I enjoy the sensation. But that means I then don't want to get out. So getting me out can require as much effort as getting me in. The whole routine is pretty comical.

Yes once I'm in the shower I like the warmth and like the shower hot but after its annoying because I don't want to get out.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 9:57 am

You aren't alone. It took me years to be okay with taking a shower in one bathroom, in my own house, after basically being threatened. I still cannot handle other showers.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 11:58 am

I gave my parents a hard time about it when I was a kid, but I love them now. I don’t usually want to get out.

I think it was the transition I disliked - not the actual sensation. Oddly enough, I was also afraid of being sucked down the drain.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 11:36 pm

I shower all the time. In fact it's pretty rare I actually have a bath.

Movapage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2018, 12:06 am

Sameeee. I always take a bath (even though my mom says it doesn't help my hair get clean, which is another struggle because I hate washing my hair because I'm so bad at it).

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2018, 2:38 am

No, I actually really like showers. The only problem for me is being wet afterwards. I dry myself as fast as possible, because I can‘t stand it.

RAADS-R: 134

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 7:44 am

I don't like showers and the whole process at all. I especially hate washing my hair, mostly because I have a lot of it and it gets really greasy. However, I also hate feeling unclean. My sister introduced me to dry shampoo, which I like but I still feel the need to force myself to shower every other day at least.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2018, 7:13 pm

I've found that my reaction varies a great deal depending on the day. It's always a little hard at first, but sometimes my stress over the noise and sensations fades and I find myself enjoying it. Other times I have to jump out because I become overloaded. Invariably, though, I come out feeling better, especially on bad sensory days.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 7:55 pm

Looks like I'm the weirdo here, I LOVE showers. They're like a full body warm massage and you get clean as a bonus. Maybe for me it's a "good stim". And I love how clean and warm and kind of lazy I feel afterwards. Yeah.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 8:10 am

I hate the noise that the water makes. I hate the sensation of the water on my skin. My parents used physical force to get me into the shower while I screamed and cried. Now that I'm an adult I don't cry anymore but still put off the activity as long as I can.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2018, 8:34 am

Some time ago
I got the picture of baths
as being people soup.

A large ceramic tureen
of me broth.
ugh.

It's been showers since.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 5:50 am

I admit that the getting dry part is tedious, but I really enjoy showering. A warm shower on winter evenings and that drowsy feeling and off to bed.... a cool refreshing shower in the summer heat... and the delicious feeling of being clean... Yeah, I enjoy taking showers.

I don't care for baths though.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765