Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 4:46 am

OK I'm not sure if this is even considered psychic. But I've been very troubled by my seeming ability to feel what's troubling people in my family even thousands of miles away. If they want me or need me, I know and feel compelled to call them. The thing is I hate talking to them on the phone (who does), but I know I have to call, otherwise they'll pick on me for some reason (like forgetting about them).

Maybe that's not psychic ability at all? Just that I'm paranoid about being annoyed by my family? I never felt any "disturbance in the force" from any of my in-laws and we're pretty close. They don't annoy me.

I do seem to be quite good at making predictions, though. Used to do all sorts of fortune telling for fun, and have people tell me how accurate I was. I didn't really believe that stuff and don't want to be accurate. I think I'm afraid of having any sort of psychic ability, I want to be mundane and do logical explainable things. Yet I have made some very important choices in my life based purely on intuition, and they turned out to be great choices. I often know what kind of things would happen before they happen. When I was pregnant, I knew the gender and looks of my babies.

I guess my point is I'm confused. I feel that psychic ability is almost an extreme form of empathy. How can I possibly have any when I don't know what people are feeling when I stare at their faces? Oh and is there anyway to get rid of whatever this is?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 5:48 am

I pick up on lots of things, but have trouble discerning meaning at the time

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 6:16 am

I entertain the possibility.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:30 am

It doesn't take much of a connection to induce that wonderful feeling of "Yes, it's real. I belong!! !", and the feeling's real enough. The existence of real connections rather than imagined ones is kind of hard to pin down though. The conclusion I came to, after forty years of hard study, was that it didn't make enough difference to matter. Occam's razor came down, and that was that. Decades of theory, belief and experiment vanished like the dark in the morning.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 10:51 am

Since Theory of Mind is problematic, I'm thinking mind reading is out.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:30 pm

I think anyone can be psychic.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2011, 3:11 pm

I have feelings like that for a good friend of mine, somehow many times I have known something was wrong, she was ill, sad etc etc and she does back for me too. We think of each other or text etc at the same time. We live 250 miles apart now but it's the same. We are very close like, it feels like we know what each other thinks even often. I'm not sure what it is but I think empathy is likely

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

If "psychics" exist, I'd have no idea what AS has to do with it. :roll:

Seriously, though, often times we do notice more than most people notice, and that may make us seem more "psychic". In reality we are just more perceptive. The same flood of sensory data that can overwhelm us can also give us a lot of information that, consciously or subconsciously, we can put together to know things that other people may not know.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:29 pm

think of a huge stash of money.

and PM me 6 numbers between 1 and 58.

its.. a test. yes.. a test. ;)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:33 pm

It could have to do with brain wiring. I have been called psychic before. It is a bit uncanny. I compare it to a type of savantism. Maybe psychic ability is linked to savantism?

hsiaopan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2011, 7:23 am

Hi Im new here! Was researching psychic abilitites of ASD. I have worked with a few autistic kids, some "non verbal" but could communicate via, communication board.
Anyway I am convinced that ASD kids I have been invoved with definately have an ability to read minds and predict future events. I am fascinated with this and when I first discovered this ability years ago in Toronto, I was encouraged, told, to drop it, by my superiors.
I beleve in the case of aspies, being they are more invoved in "this world" so to speak, (which is probably very annoying) have more difficulty uderstanding this ability.
I could be way off, I love that topic is out there, and I love this forum. I will recommend to Aspie I know.
Please let me know what you think.
:o

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 8:41 am

Psychic powers don't exist.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

y-pod wrote:
Can Aspies be psychic?

Since there is no valid material evidence to support any claims of physic ability, it is reasonable to say that nobody can be psychic, Aspie or otherwise.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hsiaopan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

for me the very fact this conversation exists...is proof enough
anyway who needs proof?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

hsiaopan wrote:

^ Epic fail. Opinions are not proof; neither are accusations, assumptions, claims, suspicions, or topical correlation.
hsiaopan wrote:
anyway who needs proof?

Those of us for whom the real world is all that is necessary for our enjoyment and satisfaction.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

hsiaopan wrote:
anyway who needs proof?