am i the only one here that gets this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

i tend to get a lot off necks problems due to sensory issues i get startled extremely easily so i get whiplash alot does anyone here get this?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

If you didn't get that, I would ask: "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

... Well, maybe not like that. :lol:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I don't get whiplash, but my neck and shoulders are strained so often and so painfully that on a daily basis I wish I had enough money to go to a massage therapist.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

My neck used to hurt a lot whenever I sat at the computer, but then I realized it was because I was straining to read what was on the screen. I have been wearing my glasses regularly ever since and my neck pain is gone.

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2011, 2:03 am

I probably would. But I stretch regularly. Even just a stretch of the arms to loosen up the shoulders and back. Most people shock their muscles by "bouncing" or some such motion. Slowly and gently and held for at least ten seconds is best.

And breeaaathe...deeply and relaxedly.

People also don't seem to stretch in the presence of others for some strange reason! Is self love not acceptable in the presence of others? I do it ALLL the time. :D

:D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:07 am

after coming back from my daily bike exercise, i opened the door to my shed to put my bike away, and in the process bees came roaring out, buzzing around me, and this so startled me that i fell backwards over my bike, and together me and the bike came crashing to the ground. i fell hard atop all the sharp metal bits and got bruised and contused something fierce, and now a day later i am stiff and sore with ugly gravel rash and deep red bruises. ouch. :(
but to strictly adhere to the OP's topic, i too get the occasional wry neck from sudden little frights such as what i just described.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:41 am

I get chronic tension headaches. Peppermint oil is the biggest help for me, and was also given stretches from physical therapy to deal with my neck.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:20 am

KemoreJ wrote:
People also don't seem to stretch in the presence of others for some strange reason! Is self love not acceptable in the presence of others? I do it ALLL the time. :D

:D

I stretch a lot in presence of others. Maybe it's not socially appropriate, but I never seemed to care. It's only adds a little to my already egoistic reputation...

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 7:39 am

KemoreJ wrote:
People also don't seem to stretch in the presence of others for some strange reason!

They don't?

Oops. I do it all the time. I can't not stretch when I need to.

I had no idea it wasn't a "social norm". I hadn't noticed that people don't tend to stretch in the presence of others. But now you mention it ...

Oops.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 8:46 am

I'm sure it is a normal thing, but I think the reason I get whiplash/pain in the neck is more to do with my Tourettes as it likes to jerk my head really fast to the right. Ouch... I just thought too much about doing it and ended up doing it... There was a click...

:lol:

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

At one time my neck was bothering me a lot. I tried to see someone about it and ended up seeing a nurse practitioner at a hospital clinic that was really mean to me and kept going on and on about how I need to go to school or get a job. She even asked me how I got there and when I said "I took a cab" she said I "should have walked because I have nothing better to do". I live at least a mile or two away from the hospital and it is uphill from my house. She also asked me in a really mean tone of voice if I had a mental illness. How would I know? I don't have anyone to diagnose me. She was so mean I just gave up.

She never even did any tests and didn't even look at or touch my neck the first visit.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

Jory wrote:
I don't get whiplash, but my neck and shoulders are strained so often and so painfully that on a daily basis I wish I had enough money to go to a massage therapist.

Ugh, wanting to be touched? It makes me want to dig my fingernails into my neck just thinking of that. Scratching where people touched me is the only way to really/completely get rid of that feeling.

And Hanyo, I've been frustrated by medical people like that before. Fortunately just not very often. As hard as it is, I just make myself forgive since anger is not a fun emotion. That, I am aware, is a personal solution.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 12:23 pm

Uhura wrote:
Ugh, wanting to be touched? It makes me want to dig my fingernails into my neck just thinking of that. Scratching where people touched me is the only way to really/completely get rid of that feeling.

I don't often want to be touched, but a good back or neck rub is awesome when your muscles have been tying themselves into knots.

2000namesl8r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

sick to the back teeth of having to think of a subject, it infringes on my thinking for the message at hand :) it is funny innit? :( lol i am pleased to see some1 is as fuked up as me, i have as adhd dispraxia im sure i have a mild form of torretes bcecause i swear all the time and its not just foul language i comment on everything, 1 NT asked me if i do an analysis of people when i meet them and to be honest yes i do, im a good judge of character because i go all in and when its abused i know they are not worth bothering with, although this is probably the reason y have no real friends. i have aspergers aswell i supose i have to be thankfull for that because it allows me to be intelligent aswell as stupid. although if i was stupid i wouldnt be arsed about getting help, i would just be happy with what i got. if i see sum1 getting bullied i NEED to get involved i have to intimidate the aggressor. i wish it didnt bother me but it really fux me off.
im not botherd about being touched i love it, im very hands on.
i got a funny for u unfortunately interested in my shite, i was on a bus and an old lady grabbed at my coat to let me know i can sit ther, i turned round and said 'oh i thought u was rifling my pokets' she loved it and i loved makin her smile, i think that is my strong point although i might go a bit too far or i dont kno when to shut up... sorry for the spellin... sue meeeeeeeeeee
i couldnt comment on my neck probs because i strain to read and i was involved in a crash which resulted in me having whiplash.