MERRY CHRISTMAS, ASPIES, AUTIES AND NTS!

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2011, 5:53 am

Wether you've got Aspergers, other form of autism, or are NT, I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2012.

I personally dislike Christmas, but you guys mean a lot to me. Since I joined Wrongplanet, I've realised how wonderful this feeling of belonging is. I would therefore like to share my happiness with you lot.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 6:11 am

I love hearing the words Merry Christmas. It means political correctness has not taken over everything for the holiday.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2011, 9:17 am

Merry Christmas to everyone here at Wrong Planet! I had a tough year of transition this year but i thank all who helped me on the board this year!

xowe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2011, 9:43 am

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I baked this traditional pastry for Christmas to my family, and I wish I could offer some to you all! :rendeer:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 9:52 am

Happy Holidays!! !! !

May you have an "au-tastic" new year!! !!

You're all invited to my virtual house for eggnog and cookies.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 10:06 am

Merry Christmas!

10 yo dd on the spectrum

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Dec 2011, 10:07 am

Happy holidays.

Some of my friends don't celebrate Christmas.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

Merry Christmas!

Some of my friends don't celebrate Christmas because they are Muslim or Jewish, but they can still hear and say the word!

Why do Americans insist on this "holiday" stuff? I just saw a clip of the Obamas on the news there, and they were at it too.

Edited to add: an American woman I know, who is a pagan, suggested recently that we should revert to "holy day".

Last edited by Marcia on 24 Dec 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 10:56 am

Merry Christmas to the whole of WP (even the members who don't like me) :P

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

Marcia wrote:
Merry Christmas!

Some of my friends don't celebrate Christmas because they are Muslim or Jewish, but they can still hear and say the word!

Why do Americans insist on this "holiday" stuff? I just saw a clip of the Obamas on the news there, and they were at it too.

Edited to add: an American woman I know, who is a pagan, suggested recently that we should revert to "holy day".

My therapist, who is Jewish said "Merry Christmas" to me. I said "Happy Hannukah" to her. If she can say Christmas, I can certainly say Hannukah.

I'm not fond of the monoculture.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 11:26 am

Verdandi wrote:
Marcia wrote:
Merry Christmas!

My therapist, who is Jewish said "Merry Christmas" to me. I said "Happy Hannukah" to her. If she can say Christmas, I can certainly say Hannukah.

I'm not fond of the monoculture.

Oh, ok.

I don't live in a monoculture, so maybe that makes it more acceptable to be distinctive.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

Can't edit previous post on iPad, but it did occur to me that when more people in my country (Scotland) were committed or even nominally Christian, we really didn't celebrate Christmas. It didn't use to be a public holiday here.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

Marcia wrote:
Oh, ok.

I don't live in a monoculture, so maybe that makes it more acceptable to be distinctive.

There's actually no problem with "Merry Christmas" in the US. Hardly anyone complains about it, and the people who complain about "happy holidays" are simply making stuff up. I don't know when the fiction that "happy holidays" was a sign of a war on Christmas, or anti-Christmas, or whatever kind of martyred fake-oppressed attitude people came up with became popular, but before that happened, no one cared when you said "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas" because it was just a pleasantry.

Now people complain about political correctness and how Jews and Muslims allegedly hate Christmas, and I have to wonder just what kind of fiction these people believe they're living in. No one's out to kill Christmas. But, the problem isn't that anyone really wants to stop Christmas. The problem is that sometimes people acknowledge that everything in December isn't about Christmas, and I guess that attitude, that the American WASP monoculture isn't the entirety of the US cultural fabric, just offends some people. Mostly, I think they need to get over it because it's not that big a deal. It shouldn't be any kind of deal. Anyone who wants to make it one is just being oversensitive and looking to be offended.

Wiki on the topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

Thanks for the link. I did a bit of googling and it does make more sense now I appreciate the differences between American and British English as far as the word holiday is concerned. To me, happy holiday would be the equivalent of happy vacation. But that's not the intended meaning.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 11:53 am

Marcia wrote:
Thanks for the link. I did a bit of googling and it does make more sense now I appreciate the differences between American and British English as far as the word holiday is concerned. To me, happy holiday would be the equivalent of happy vacation. But that's not the intended meaning.

Oh, now that you mention that explicitly - yes. Usually I think to make the shift from American holiday (Easter, Christmas, etc) and UK holiday (vacations) when I specifically know I'm talking to someone from the UK, but I had the war on Christmas on my mind.

I can see why happy holidays would sound weird to you. :)