Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

Thanks :) I think it's a very nice test. I missed 'sometimes' option. Also I think those metaphors are brillian example of how I feel about them, like imagining heart on your sleeve.. Makes no sense!
Your total score is: 183.
Social relatedness : 97 (threshold 31)
Language : 14 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 46 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 26 (threshold 15)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

Your total score is: 181. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Here is a detailed breakdown of your results:

Social relatedness : 90 (threshold 31)
Sensory/motor : 46 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 31 (threshold 15)

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 2:06 pm

Social relatedness : 66 (threshold 31)
Sensory/motor : 40 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 33 (threshold 15)

Your total score is: 153. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

Your total score is: 161. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 72 (threshold 31)
Language : 10 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 41 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 38 (threshold 15)

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

Your total score is: 173. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 74 (threshold 31)
Sensory/motor : 52 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 33 (threshold 15)

I'm amused that the only sensory/motor one that I know of not getting max points on was "I don't like being hugged or held", of which I got 0. I'm on the other extreme on that one. Rather than "don't like" I'm more "require this of people".

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

Your total score is: 228. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 109 (threshold 31)
Language : 21 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 56 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 42 (threshold 15)

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

it's way too easy to score above threshold, I picked loads of really unautistic things, and barely any outright fully autistic options, and yet I scored above threshold

Your total score is: 93. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 36 (threshold 31)
Language : 6 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 36 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 15 (threshold 15)

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 9:35 pm

See these quizes don't work because each question is worth the same amount of "points", so a question about a very basic and important aspect of autism like "Do you find it hard to read hidden signals" is considered equal in the scoring to "Do you walk on your toes".

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

28 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

Phonic wrote:
it's way too easy to score above threshold, I picked loads of really unautistic things, and barely any outright fully autistic options, and yet I scored above threshold

Your total score is: 93. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 36 (threshold 31)
Language : 6 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 36 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 15 (threshold 15)

Phonic wrote:
See these quizes don't work because each question is worth the same amount of "points", so a question about a very basic and important aspect of autism like "Do you find it hard to read hidden signals" is considered equal in the scoring to "Do you walk on your toes".

A false positive doesn't prove that these "quizzes" don't work. RAADS-R in particular was developed as a diagnostic tool, and is not simply an online quiz.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/fhj ... ltext.html

Quote:
Participant Grouping

The study population included 4 groups as follows: (a) subjects with a diagnosis of Autistic Disorder (n = 66), (b) subjects with a diagnosis of Asperger’s Disorder (n = 135), (c) subjects with no previous DSM-IV-TR diagnosis (n = 276), and (d) subjects with an axis I DSM-IV-TR diagnosis other than Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder, or PDD NOS (n = 302). Subjects in this group had the following diagnoses: Social Phobia, Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Type I and II, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Dysthymic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Psychotic Disorder NOS, Anorexia Nervosa and Polysubstance Dependence. For some data analyses, the above groups were collapsed into two groups as follows: (a) Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) subjects (N = 201), and (b) all comparison subjects (N = 578). No participants from either group declined to participate.

And:

Quote:
Diagnostic Accuracy (Sensitivity and Specificity)

The total RAADS scores ranged from 44 to 227 in the ASD subjects and from 0 to 65 in the comparison groups. By ROC curve analysis, we determined that the best threshold for distinguishing between the two groups was a score of 65. Using this value, all 578 comparison subjects were correctly predicted with no “false positives” (specificity = 100%).
Six ASD subjects from three of the nine centers scored below the threshold (non-ASD predicted range). These “false negatives” yielded a sensitivity of 97% (see Table 2).

That is to say that out of 578 people with no diagnosis on the spectrum, none scored above 65. If it's that hard to score below 65, the outcome would have been different.

Stefan10
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

Your total score is: 194. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 96 (threshold 31)
Language : 18 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 38 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 42 (threshold 15)

-----------------------------

It seems consistent with the other tests I've taken.

Edit: By the way, my psychiatrist diagnosed me with OCD and social phobia, only because he doesn't "believe" in or more likely - know anything about - AS and ASDs in general.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 10:54 pm

Quote:
That is to say that out of 578 people with no diagnosis on the spectrum, none scored above 65. If it's that hard to score below 65, the outcome would have been different.

It seems to be that they might have taken the test differently then how they took it?

I dunno then, but I scored above the cutoff when I really shouldn't have, I picked so much more really non autistic stuff, and maybe a sozen pro autism points.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

Phonic wrote:
Quote:

It seems to be that they might have taken the test differently then how they took it?

I dunno then, but I scored above the cutoff when I really shouldn't have, I picked so much more really non autistic stuff, and maybe a sozen pro autism points.

It was built to be taken in a clinical setting, where someone can go through each question with you determining what is relevant to include and what isn't. Having once had the experience of overload is probably not what it wants for determining whether the person deals with sensory overload.

I'd guess most of us are seemingly overestimating our symptoms because of not knowing how to exactly read the questions as they were meant to be read. That doesn't mean that its a terrible test, especially not when its used in a clinical setting.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

28 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm

Phonic wrote:
Quote:

That's based on your assumptions about what each question represents. Nor is there particularly any "shouldn't have scored above the cutoff." You could and you did, although whether this accurately represents a score you would receive in a clinical setting is questionable.

A score above 65 doesn't mean you're autistic, though. It means you might be.

Tuttle wrote:
It was built to be taken in a clinical setting, where someone can go through each question with you determining what is relevant to include and what isn't. Having once had the experience of overload is probably not what it wants for determining whether the person deals with sensory overload.

I'd guess most of us are seemingly overestimating our symptoms because of not knowing how to exactly read the questions as they were meant to be read. That doesn't mean that its a terrible test, especially not when its used in a clinical setting.

The first time I took this I had a lot of trouble with several questions. This time, I still had trouble. I am positive my score is higher than it would be in a clinical environment, especially comparing to the median scores for people with ASD diagnoses in the research paper.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 11:30 pm

Your total score is: 195. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

Social relatedness : 88 (threshold 31)
Language : 17 (threshold 4)
Sensory/motor : 51 (threshold 16)
Circumscribed Interests : 39 (threshold 15)

What does the "breakdown" mean? If the number for language for example is above the threshold, you show autistic patterns in language? And do higher numbers mean a more severe problem? I didn't think the way I use language was very different from NTs but then again, I have no experience but my own so how can I really tell?

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 11:33 pm

I think it primarily places you in relation to what people who are not autistic would score. I can't find a detailed explanation in the paper:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/fhj ... ltext.html

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

Your total score is: 202. This is above the threshold score of 65. You may have an autistic spectrum disorder and it may be worth consulting a qualified clinician.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu