Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shambles
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

biribiri20 wrote:
I will be 22 in a few months and that's pretty much spot on with how I've felt for so many years. I have trouble going to places like supermarkets where I don't know where certain items are and I'm too nervous to ask for help so I just end up not getting them. If there are other people in the aisle, I'll feel uncomfortable and sometimes I'll wait until they leave before picking up what I need. My older brother gets mad at me sometimes because he calls my cell often, but I rarely call him. I don't get anything for my parents on mothers or father's day or even Christmas. I do tell them that I love them, but I guess that's not enough. I've just recently started hanging out with my friends and while I'm learning to have fun with them, it also bothers me because while I'm with them, I'm constantly thinking about how I'd be able to get home afterward and what would happen if I were to get lost. My parents are religious and want me to attend church with them but I feel so uncomfortable there, to the point where I would cry while I was there. The kids there weren't exactly the nicest either. Even now, I still get scolded by my parents for many things that they say they shouldn't have to remind me of at my age. I am very clumsy and I usually spill the laundry soap when I'm trying to wash my clothes, among other things. I even spilled a pack of blueberries last night, despite trying my best to avoid it. I forget to change my bed sheets and I have trouble telling when my clothes and said sheets should be washed. My mom even says I still walk and dress like a kid and that I need to start caring more about my self image. I don't care about makeup or dressing feminine or any of that stuff. They don't like that I walk around the house with my teddy in my arms. They mention how my cousins and their friends' kids are doing this and that for their parents yet I can hardly do simple things for them. I have told them I have issues with these things but they just chalk it up to excuses on my part. They don't even take my ADD seriously. It's like you try so hard but no one notices the things you're able to do right and only pick up on the things you can't do. Even though I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now, I believe it does get better eventually. Even now, I am able to go to the bank and deposit money on my own and even talk to my professors sometimes; things I couldn't do at all two years ago. My parents hate that I live in my room too and also tend to take my guitar away. Bleh. Well it's frustrating, but at least it's nice to know you're not alone in this, right? :wink:

Hey, thanks for the reply ... I'm the same with clothes too! I just don't care. My mother wishes I took more pride in myself though! I don't even care about my hair, I actually went 2 weeks without brushing it, my mother went crazy xD ... Now she ties my hair up for me, which I hate, she fears that people may think bad of me. I still have Winnie th Pooh bed sheets from when I was 4 years old, which my step-dad taunts me for! .... But growing up doesn't look too endearing as it seems to revolve around stress and money. . . I should become a hippy! :D .... Again, thanks for the reply. It's much appreciated :)

biribiri20
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

Shambles wrote:
Hey, thanks for the reply ... I'm the same with clothes too! I just don't care. My mother wishes I took more pride in myself though! I don't even care about my hair, I actually went 2 weeks without brushing it, my mother went crazy xD ... Now she ties my hair up for me, which I hate, she fears that people may think bad of me. I still have Winnie th Pooh bed sheets from when I was 4 years old, which my step-dad taunts me for! .... But growing up doesn't look too endearing as it seems to revolve around stress and money. . . I should become a hippy! :D .... Again, thanks for the reply. It's much appreciated :)

No problem. I don't really care about my hair either, and yeah, the adult world doesn't seem fun at all. I'm not really looking forward to joining it and I actually had a problem with giving away money too easily when I was younger :oops: It's okay though. As long as I can live fairly comfortably on my own then I'm happy : )

Diagnosis: ADHD-PI, suspected AS
Your Aspie Score: 142 of 200, Your NT Score: 74 of 200, You are very likely an Aspie
AQ: 38/EQ: 16/SQ: 52