How come people with Aspergers can't work ?

Page 16 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 6:50 am

It's sad.

You get ostracized by many due to disability you were born with (not trying hard enough, lazy, leech, and all of that), and you get people saying it's your fault that you can't work.

It's hilariously sad.

Getting out of bed is a battle each day for me, and everything I do is hard; nothing is easy.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 7:20 am

Dillogic wrote:
It's sad.

You get ostracized by many due to disability you were born with (not trying hard enough, lazy, leech, and all of that), and you get people saying it's your fault that you can't work.

It's hilariously sad.

Getting out of bed is a battle each day for me, and everything I do is hard; nothing is easy.

Yet, if you're a child, it's "oh poor child". :roll:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Jul 2012, 9:00 am

Now that the OP is no longer contributing to Wrong Planet and this thread seems to have run its course, it is best left to fade into the background.

tl;dr thread summary:
Some people with Asperger's can work, some cannot - it depends on how Asperger's manifests in each person and affects their interaction with people and environmental properties.
It is not possible to derive a meaningful judgement of a person's ability to work using their posts to a forum and neither is it fair to try.