Do you have poor penmanship/handwriting?

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you have poor penmanship/handwriting?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 93 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 118

houseofpanda
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2012, 7:04 pm

nerdfiles wrote:
I can only write well if I focus on the words I'm writing instead of the ideas I am expressing.

Couldn't agree more. I write well now but it's too much about the look unless I'm focusing on an intense idea I want to get down exactly the way i think it - then I have bad handwriting because I'm focusing on the idea instead of the handwriting.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 5:57 am

jetbuilder wrote:
My hwndwriting had always been bad unless I take my time on it. I don't think i've writen anything but my name in cursive since elementary school. I find it interesting how most peoples signatures seem to be identical every time. Mine sure isn't. my signature looks different nearly every time i write it.

My god, I thought I was insane... I cannot write the same signiture, ever! It's always different, my handwriting is atrocious, unless I write extremely slow, which I cannot do since my attention span is so limited.

I look back on something I've just written, and it starts out semi-neat, and then you can see where the "inspiration" kicks in and hot damn, I've turned into a child. In fact, I've seen children write far better than me, haha. My teacher would always go apeshit over my handwriting, so one day I spent ages on whatever we were doing, making my handwriting perfect, she took me and a random girl sitting next to me out of the room and accused her of writing it for me. :roll:

I was always great at spelling, though, I thought that is what really matters so have never bothered to practice.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:44 am

I have awful handwriting. I have to use a laptop in my exams because my handwriting is illegible.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 9:14 am

It's terrible and cannot be improved. I tried and tried, bought all sorts of penmanship books when I was younger. If I go very slowly it can be read. When I was in elementary school I had a few teachers who made me repeat penmanship as well, they were convinced I was not trying very hard. The funny thing is that I can draw fairly well.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 12:05 pm

About the only person in this world who can read my handwriting is me. Yet even I have difficulty reading what I write most of the time. Thank God for the computer for without it (or a typewriter), I would never be able to get my point across through writing.

emm142
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jun 2012, 4:35 pm

My handwriting is incredibly neat. However, I cannot easily write in cursive and it takes forever for me to try to decipher cursive handwriting. I print each letter separately.

Also, I literally spent hours and hours when I was a child trying to perfect my handwriting and learn to write with my left and right hands equally. It was a bit of an obsession.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

Personally, I'm utterly delighted to see penmanship lesson go by the wayside! In first grade, I was yelled at and had to stay in "noon room" (no recess, which I never liked (too many people) and lunch is served in a small room, with only half time to finish it: 15 minutes instead of the usual 30 to 45). I had to write in tiny graph paper squares and fill both sides with a specific sentence, usually "I will write properly." Despite the fact that I had perfect spelling, the teacher would say my letters weren't clear enough and "chicken scratches aren't words," so the words were considered wrong.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

my handwriting is terrible. which is why i wanted a typewriter growing up and then i got computers.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

I have taken to printing instead of writing.

this is because my handwriting is terrible. It's also painful for me to write anything manually.

Bill92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2012, 11:21 am

My handwriting is horrendous, but my spelling and grammar are perfect.