help me please! ive thought ive made progress

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

I am having difficulty writing this because my thoughts arent linear so ill stick to the facts

I have only a limited amount of time to convince my mother of my intentions to follow a holistic path
i started meds at 17 i am now 19 and stopped due to my liver
i need some kind of miracle,a major lifestlye change,a new therapist,or something called a nueropath.
my thoughts arent linear i am unfocused and anxiety bound ,in a circle
i wish to accomplish so much,and help the world
everyone tells me im brilliant and mature but i cant help myself
i just want control and to be productive but im my own worst enemy

who should i contact?
is their some sort of national association that can help me with finances?
or some professional or yogi that can counsel me?
what is going on in the world?
is anyone qualified to help me?

i am having enough difficulty organizing my thoughts to write this
i will answer any questions
and hopefully if one of you helps me i can someday return the favor

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

What sort of medication were you on?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

You haven't actually stated what medical/other problem you have. So I can't see how anybody can give you any useful advice.

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

sorry i am a little scatterbrained
i have aspergers
i was an abilify and lexapro
and now i am on a low dose of lexapro

i have anxiety and attention issues

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

SamanthaBlake wrote:
sorry i am a little scatterbrained
i have aspergers
i was an abilify and lexapro
and now i am on a low dose of lexapro

i have anxiety and attention issues

Abilify is an antipsychotic. I don't think it is appropriate if you don't have psychosis. You need antianxiety meds and maybe an ADHD med. Many naturopaths are cranks, and they do far more harm than good. Do you want to be some sort of holistic health practitioner, like a homeopath, herbalist, or Ayurvedic doctor? Is that what you're saying?

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

Remember this about so-called natural medicine: At it's core, it is just a delivery device for chemicals that affect your physiology. The bad thing is that much of naturopathic "medicine" has no basis in scientific research. Double blind studies are rarely ever performed and what you wind up with much of the time is quackery. These "medicines" can have very negative effects on you and cause irreparable harm, yet they are unregulated and sold as "supplements". If I were you, I would go find another real doctor if the one you have now is not able to effectively deal with your needs.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

How suddenly did you stop those meds? If it was abrupt, you may still be having withdrawal symptoms.

Do you have a counselor, doctor, or therapist you can talk to?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

Callista wrote:
How suddenly did you stop those meds? If it was abrupt, you may still be having withdrawal symptoms.

Do you have a counselor, doctor, or therapist you can talk to?

This is what I was wondering, as well. Did a doctor help wean you off these medications, or did you decide to stop on your own?

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

i didnt have to be eased of the medications i suppose because i am on such a low dose because i am a slow metaboliser
i am not sure,i was sick but i trust my mother and doctor at least that much.

herbal methods are ancient and have lasted throughout the centuries,yeah modern medicine has helped alot but it has also forgotten some too.i want to avoid the "quacks" i just want honest people.but i think we trust modern science because we grew up with it and it has a strong sway when it comes to ingoring other methods. i have a very open mind to new age things and science. i just want to live my life fully,and i beleive medication is not helping me do that.the psychiatrics are no more "safe" then herbs ,so much is not known,i am not going to trust something just because it is of popular opinion.and if science is the pervading philosophy i dont care.

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2012, 4:19 pm

also i have a therapist i am going to see her friday but i dont know if she is for me anymore

readingbetweenlines
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

outofplace wrote:
Remember this about so-called natural medicine: At it's core, it is just a delivery device for chemicals that affect your physiology. The bad thing is that much of naturopathic "medicine" has no basis in scientific research. Double blind studies are rarely ever performed and what you wind up with much of the time is quackery. These "medicines" can have very negative effects on you and cause irreparable harm, yet they are unregulated and sold as "supplements". If I were you, I would go find another real doctor if the one you have now is not able to effectively deal with your needs.

I could not agree more. You have quite a rose tinted view of so called herbal remedies. Please go and see a proper doctor and discuss your meds. If s/he tells you you don't need them, fine. But if you do need them then not taking them could harm you. Good luck.

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2012, 8:54 pm

she says i need it but i have to follow my intuition
i wish i could properly argue my case
but my head is to crammed