Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

Am I odd, or does anyone else find holographic foil mesmerising and would you consider it an aspie trait?

I always have some near my desk as I can use it to DE-stress me, it but only if it has the green/blue/purple end of the spectrum in it.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 11:24 am

My nokia battery n i have spent some time embrassed in a holographic foils trance... same with teh microsoft logo on the underside of my xbox360 handpiece. the holographic foil strip on my intel corei7 logo n yaa you get my point. As for an AS trait, hmm never really thought bout it like that...

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

DrPenguin wrote:
Am I odd, or does anyone else find holographic foil mesmerising and would you consider it an aspie trait?

I always have some near my desk as I can use it to DE-stress me, it but only if it has the green/blue/purple end of the spectrum in it.

I love the stuff. I remember when National Geographic put out their 1st issue with a hologram cover I would stare at it for hours. I still have the issue of NG.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

Definitely miss my old Nokia battery, as a portable 'fix' and love the design. Glad its not just me that is given holographic wrapping paper as the present..

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:
I love the stuff. I remember when National Geographic put out their 1st issue with a hologram cover I would stare at it for hours. I still have the issue of NG.

The one with the eagle? Remember that one from when I was 7 sitting in a doctor/dentist waiting room was fascinated. I'd recommend the Dec 1988 the one with Earth on the front. Was given that when I was 10, think that's how I got obsessed with science, wish I still had it.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

DrPenguin wrote:

Not that anyone here asked my opinion, but I absolutely HATE holographic foil! :evil: When it's used on Magic: The Gathering cards, I cannot read the text or see the image. My eyes are flatter than normal, which causes light to scatter across the surface of my eyes, "blinding" me.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:

Not that anyone here asked my opinion, but I absolutely HATE holographic foil! :evil: When it's used on Magic: The Gathering cards, I cannot read the text or see the image. My eyes are flatter than normal, which causes light to scatter across the surface of my eyes, "blinding" me.

Definitely like magic the gathering, good memories from university, fantastic artwork (especially love the elvish impersonator and some of the land scenes) never got the foil cards though. Am glad, a game could take hours. All opinions on foil are welcome were not all the same.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

DrPenguin wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:

Definitely like magic the gathering, good memories from university, fantastic artwork (especially love the elvish impersonator and some of the land scenes) never got the foil cards though. Am glad, a game could take hours. All opinions on foil are welcome were not all the same.

I played a Dragon Deck, a Sliver Deck (that everyone at university decided to ban) and an Elf Deck. What decks did you have?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

I also love holographic foil. I'm also looking forward to holographic television.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

When i was a kid my dad cut out the little holographic part of an old credit card and gave it to me. I can remember staring at it for hours over the next week!
In school i had a binder that had a holographic pattern on the outside. I lost several minutes in class every day just looking at it.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 5:35 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
DrPenguin wrote:
I played a Dragon Deck, a Sliver Deck (that everyone at university decided to ban) and an Elf Deck. What decks did you have?

Used to play a mono red direct damage deck but my favorites were a Black/White life gain/sacrifice deck or a white first strike deck with a touch of red. Did have a blue/black control deck to annoy the opposition though. I remember when slivers first came out they were hard to beat.